1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

New Pipe Purchase 4/30

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by wataru, Apr 25, 2010.

?

Which?

1. Number One?

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Number Two?

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Number Three?

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wataru

wataru Member

So Im debating a new pipe next week when payday hits and Ive a few choices....

Tell me what you think:

Number One. Briar Capper pipe by Old World
    [​IMG]

Now, I own the Huntman Horn and I LOVE it. It holds the perfect about of tobacco and fits perfectly well in my mouth and is easy to clean.

Number Two. BC Vest pocket smooth
    [​IMG]

Im am in the need of a pipe-on-the-go when I head to work for my lunch break. The design actually intrigues me.

Number Three. Falcon w/Meerchaum lined bowl, Rusticated
    [​IMG]

A new pipe to experiment with. I dont have one and they look interestign. I do like straight pipes and I do adore meers. Gerry likes Falcons too and his advice is gold to me.

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I'd say go with the falcon. Now that I have one with the regualar bit, I've really come to enjoy it.

3. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

I love the look of the first pipe, but if you want something to smoke often everywhere and have it be a quality pipe you would be hard pressed to do better then the Falcon. I have been looking at them for months and i have been lucky that PAD hasn't hit.

I still love that first pipe. Where is it from?

Z

4. Marc

Marc Active Member

Sorry Wataru, but I don't like any of your choices so I cannot help you choose one. Why not just get a regular type pipe like a billiard or something? Or a plain Falcon bowl of your choice?

5. wataru

wataru Member

TopHatCigar.com

It's from Old World Pipes. I was told theyre a novelty pipe but the only other pipe Ive smoked that's smoked better was my Paykoc meer. Theyre a bit small though.

I like to be different =) But Im always open to suggestions!

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

Do you smoke a pipe away from home, like when you’re out and about or traveling? Then I would suggest a pipe with a military mount, easy to smoke, carry and store away and you can remove the stem while smoking it if need be.

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

1st 4 votes are all in favor of the Falcon...you getting the hint Wataru???

8. Marc

Marc Active Member

[​IMG]

9. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Since you said you are in need of a pipe for on the go, I'll be the odd man out and say get the vest pocket. For 29 bucks, why not? I'm half tempted to get one myself so I can throw it in the sandblast cabinet and see what happens.

10. piper965

piper965 Member

Hmmm, I have a vest pocket pipe, I love it, especially for the price. But i'm also intrigued by the Falcon bowl. I've wanted to get one for a while, just haven't yet. I love the old world pipe with the cap! I vote for all three! But officially i'll put plus one for the Falcon bowl.

11. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Hate to be one who goes with the crowd, but the Falcon. Also hate to admit it, but I smoke my Falcon more than any of my pipes atm...briar, cob or aluminum. As long as you have a tissue (or t.p.) handy (ala Gerry's recommendation), you can wipe 'er out and light again. Plus, it can take abuse...my ebay estate Falcon is my work pipe for precisely these two reasons. My main gripes are moot at this moment...I thought I tasted metal the first couple bowls...(not now though)...It's ughhh-leee...but then, so are my cobs (when compared to a Tinsky, or one of Sas's(hollah!) pipes. Also, if you are a clencher, Wat, it is one of the lightest pipes you'll find.

To be fair, I don't have a meer lined bowl, but after smoking 6+ bowls in a day, multiple times, with mine, I don't see any significant ghosting issues from swapping 'baccy's. (Aro(ugh), VA, and burley anyways...) It is truly an abuse pipe. (A good thing.)

-Kyle

12. wataru

wataru Member

Glass - and my local B&M is a BC vendor so he has all the pipes for the same price.

I do believe it's been narrowed down to the BC vest and the Falcon.

....now yall need to send me donations through PayPal.com lol my ID is mimurashinjibr@aol.com

13. Zenigata

Zenigata Member

$0.0001 work for you? :goodjob:

14. phinz

phinz Active Member

Falcon, no meer.

15. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

If you don't get the Falcon at least get an MM General and a Walker Forever stem.

16. Marc

Marc Active Member

[​IMG]

17. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

What Jesla said.

18. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Well hell fellas, at that rate, he might as well get one of Hackert's...cheaper than piecing together one. (Less than 30$ with shipping.) Not a Walker diss, since I have a stem of his as well. (In fact, I require several more...)

Now, a General doesn't have quite the workplace appeal of a small vest pipe or Falcon, though, methinks...(I clench-carried my General at work for ****s'n'giggles the other week...felt like I had lockjaw in like 5 minutes.) Definitely a (cool) hand pipe.

-Kyle

19. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

All I can say is, for me this was meant to be "The Year of the Meer" with no excuses or cop outs allowed. Regret to say good resolutions have fallen by the wayside and I'm back with my Falcons again - obviously I didn't just convince you guys ( which was never my intention ) but I reconvinced myself!

I always wonered if it were just me, but the one time I experimented with a meer lined Falcon bowl, I couldn't get the aspirin type taste out of my mouth after smoking it, even with Condor, and some other guys get an adhesive type taste out of them. I will acquire a meer lined bowl next time I'm in Durham or Carlisle and report on this - if you go for that bowl please do ley us know how it works for you,

Gerry

20. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I'd go with #1 myself, but I'm going just on the odd looks...which is a little like me. :)

AND, I have NO experience with any of these so don't take much of my rambling to heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.