1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New pipe - tc fuller

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Chuck S, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck S

Chuck S Member

[​IMG]

Arrived this morning. TC Fuller freehand pipe.

I found a reference to his website on some pipe info youtube series I was slogging through, and fell in love with this thing pretty quickly. Working with the guy was great, he responded really quickly and helpfully to my emails for more info and the such. Haven't given the pipe a test run yet, but I'll get more info up as soon as I start breaking it in.

The pipe is slightly smaller than I thought it would be, which I'm actually pretty pleased about. I'll get some more pics, along with something for scale, once I get home for break and have access to a camera.

Beale, Jayson H Bucy and el guero like this.
  2. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Very nice pipe. Congradulations!:D

Chuck S likes this.
  3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

That's some beautiful grain on that pipe, Chuck, and quite an unusual, though very pleasing, shape. I've seen pickaxes before, but I think this is more like a geologist's hammer (I'll leave it to dwaugh to confirm that :poke: ). It may prove to be a hard pipe to put down.

No really, you might talk to sorringowl about one of his leather pipe rests. ;)

Well done!

Herb

4. Chuck S

Chuck S Member

Thanks! In regards to the grain, there is also some really nice birdseyeing on the front of the pipe. Once I get to my camera, I'll definitely put up a picture of that.
    Looking at it, it does remind me of a geology hammer, nice comparison. Since its arrived, I've been trying to figure out how to make some kind of pipe stand that could hold the thing. sorringowl's stands look pretty nice, I have to say, I might have to take your advice on that one.

Also trying to figure out how to make a more permanent stand that could accommodate both the hammer, my billiard, as well as future purchases. I have an idea for what I might do, but it will require a trip to Home Depot or something like that to look for parts...

HCraven likes this.
  5. el guero

el guero Member

I absolutely love that pipe! That is gorgeous and a half!

Chuck S likes this.
  6. Chuck S

Chuck S Member

Gave the new pipe its first break-in smoke. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with it; smokes cool and dry (my other pipe certainly didn't until it was broken in a bit), way easier to run a pipe cleaner through than my bent billiard, easy to hold, and surprisingly light.

Only flaw I can find in it is the air passage is drilled just a little low in the heel, so the bowl has a small depression in the bottom of it. I don't think it will be a problem, but if there is, its definitely something a tiny drop of pipe mud would fix, just to even out the bottom a bit.

7. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

Really unusual looking and nice pipe. Almost looks like something a bicycle racer would be into (a lot like their helmets). Anyway, I really like it.

8. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Yeah, nice.

9. Beale

Beale Active Member

Sweet Pipe!! Congrats on it! Beale.

Chuck S likes this.
  10. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

That's a nice one!

Chuck S likes this.
  11. Chuck S

Chuck S Member

Update - used a tiny bit of pipe mud to fill the little dip at the bottom of the bowl. Followed up by dumping some dry ash in and shaking it around, to wick up any extra moisture. Gonna let it sit for a day, I figure that's probably enough time for it to dry- the amount of mud it took was less than the head of a match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.