1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New pipe!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by puma4440, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puma4440

puma4440 Guest

Hello all,

I stopped today to get a Sunday paper, and spied a new pipe with the other dust covered relics on the rack at the tobacco shop, and decided it could come home with me, its a kaywoodie relief grain, my first of that brand. I know it needs broken in, but I really like the threaded stem, but it may be a gurgler, I've only smoked it once. I guess time will tell if I like it.

puma4440

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Eh, a brand new, uncaked pipe that gurgles isn't too alarming. Even if it is, unscrew the stem mid smoke, and shake the living snot out of it (the stem). Voila!

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Dry your weed.

KWs need to be smoke with a long slow drag. Try to smoke it hard and/or fast it'll let you know...........A hot smoking bowl and the dreaded End of the Drink Slurp thru a straw.

4. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

You live in a place where you go to pick up a daily paper at a tobacco shop? Do they have comic books on spinner racks and jars of penny candy? Copies of Playboy tucked up on a high shelf behind the soda fountain counter? You are a lucky man. Keep them in business.

5. Albert

Albert Active Member

I love the threaded stem on my Kaywoodie Super Grain. This pipe is prone to gurgling with wet tobacco and fast smoking but the threaded stem makes it very easy to cure mid bowl especially when im working and cant spend a lot of time fussing over my pipe.

6. Cobra

Cobra Member

What is this threaded stem whereof you speak?

7. Albert

Albert Active Member

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I have a couple of Kaywoodies, and I have to say I love them.

Until I got these, I loathed pipes with stingers and junked them automatically, but with the first Woodie I was so impressed with the briar quality, finishing and engineering of the screw in stem - I decided to try it with the four hole stinger intact.

The first smoke with St.Bruno Flake straight out of the pack conviced me that Kaywoodie's system did indeed work - so long as you don't smoke too fast.

I'd suggest building the cake at the heel and taking things slowly and with a bit of luck you'll end up as delighted with the brand as I am,

Good luck

Gerry

9. Cobra

Cobra Member

Interesting pipe, I've never seen one before.

10. Redone

Redone Member

Man I miss those stores and those days...the sights the smells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.