1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by bvillepipeguy, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvillepipeguy

bvillepipeguy Member

Hi all, Friday went to the local cigar store just to pick up some bulk lane stuff they carry, haven't been there in some time, only to find they had a butt load of pipes there, they have always had some peterson's but nothing special, that day they had three boxes of Dr.Grabow pipes, one box was all brier one was half brier and half cob, the other was all cob, i didn't know Dr.G made cob pipes, plus they had two baskets of Whitehall pipes. couldn't resist the bent golden duke with adjustomatic, and the full bent Whitehall. plus they had a hole new rack of Peterson tobacco so i scored some Sherlock Holmes. i dont like braking in pipes cuz they taste so bad but the Dr.G only took a few days, the whitehall didn't smoke to bad just the bottom of the bowel tastes awful, haven't bought a new pipe in some time so this was a treat. thanks for looking, Bryon

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Nice looking pipes, particularly like the half bent - have just kicked off the day with a bowlfull of Sherlock Holmes Mixture myself - a really nice morning tobacco - try burning in the new pipes with 5 Brothers, it really shifts the horrible taste of a new bowl quickly.

Many happy years with the new pipes!

Gerry

3. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

Yes, the bull dog is quite beautiful, been thinking about looking for some Dr. G's myself.

4. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Sweet looking smoking sticks MR.

You found a local place that sells Petersons?
    In New Yuck State? Wow! Thought they'd all gone the way of the dinosaur by now. :012:

5. bvillepipeguy

bvillepipeguy Member

im using Prince Albert to brake em in, the cigar store only has about six peterson pipes, a little to pricey for me, im hoping to get some extra money this week cuz there is a few more Dr.G's id like to get my hands on.

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

...this is the trouble with the collecting habit, particularly when there's a brand you find that you really like - it gets compulsive. In my case it's Falcons. I really don't need any more, I have a standard set (eight) of smooth bowled ones, a standard set of rustic bowled ones, and my birthday set of Black extras with Hunter bowls, but I find my mind drifting towards collecting the Classic size bowls teamed up with International stems.

Still, enjoy your PAD, I do!

Gerry

7. Legend

Legend Member

That bent bulldog is a Grabow shape #83, a very sought after pipe by Grabow enthusiasts. I have yet to gain one myself! I have seen them go on Ebay for up to $43, that's a lot considering it probably sold new for $3.95 or so...the only shape more popular is the #81...which is like a Rhodesian/Author.

8. bvillepipeguy

bvillepipeguy Member

the packaging the pipes were in looked old, it was a toss up between the rhodesian/author or this bent bulldog, they also had some larks i had my eye on, might have to stop there tomorrow, if i can sneak it past the girlfriend, lol.

9. Legend

Legend Member

the Larks are usually a little small for my taste...but nice pipes, made in Italy IIRC.

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Those are some fine looking pipes. Most of those drugstore brand pipes smoke quite nicely and are every bit the equal of pipes two or three times the price.

May you enjoy them for many years!

Bri2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.