1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

new pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by dubhdarra, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i gave the nice people that live in the internet some moneys and some pipes got here today. i didn't get in any particularly large amount of trouble with the missus, because she decided they weren't ugly after she saw them.

one is a radice twin bore oil cured bark.. thing. it kinda looks like a bulldog with the inward sloping bit cut off. any rate, it was supposedly "refurbished" but man did it have some weird, cracked cake in it. initially i thought it was a tapered bowl, but WRONG... it was just whoever reamed it quit before they got all the way down. its a nice pipe i could happily lose a thumb or half a tin of tobacco in.

second is a guildhall pot with a saddle bit. i bid on this expecting it to look like my other, nearly identically shaped guildhall/comoy pots, and well... shapewise it is. sizewise this thing is italian. i'm a bit of a guildhall connoisseur, if one can use that term for factory second pipes... at any rate, i'd date this thing late 60's early 70's, but it is freaking MONSTROUS, 1 1/16" bore pot, 1/4" thick walls... you couldnt find this on a dunhill size chart enlarged by 60%. i've never seen a pipe from a traditional english pipe this large. again with the thick freaking cake though, and this coming from mister "i dont ream my pipes"

and naturally, for whatever reason all estate pipes were previously owned by someone who A) never heard of pipe cleaners and B) only smoked cheap cherry cavendishes, they both reek of cheap aromatics. something i fully intend to punish out of them with a long course of C&D da vinci and other latakia based "blends".

pictures when woody makes the photos a go.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

don't blame Woody, Liam...pics or you're makin' it up!

Actually, sounds like a good score...minus the cherry reek.

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

yeah, dunno what thats about, even unsmoked estates always smell like cherry cavendish...

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

5. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

That Radice is really sweet!

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Ayup!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.