1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Projext

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Bullwinkle, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

I think this will workout great for pipe display and tobacco storage.. needs cleaned up and antique paint job. I'll post the after one of these days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

That is a great looking piece of furniture. I agree that it will look phenomenal once you've put some time into it. Can't wait to see the finished product filled with pipes and weed! I think we're also going to require "during" photos too.

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Nice find, Bullwinkle! My hat's off to those who are skilled at furniture restoration. The further I go into pipe smoking, the more I understand the need for a cabinet like that beauty. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Bri2k

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

who are skilled at furniture restoration I'll sand it a little and slap primer on it and then the wife will do the paiting, etc.. looking to get it finished along the lines of the cabs over on the two cousins site. I certainly don't have the pipes to fill that sucker. I figure pipes on one shelf, bourbon on another and some old fly reels etc on the third.

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Oh Heavens - how that would look in my living room in Motherwell - take your time, enjoy the restoration and then sit back and really enjoy filling it!

Gerry

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Add my mother-in-law's shrunken head to your list and you well may have my dream cabinet!

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

[​IMG], we must have the same mother in law :angry:

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

you're sister-in-law is a whore...just kidding, honey...put the pipe rack down...please!!!

9. Philthy

Philthy Member

That is a beautiful cabinet. I havent started filling my new one yet and that makes me consider antoher.

I am telling you guys - if you go look on Craigslist there are all kinds of china cabinets, secretaries, hutches listed. Some are high priced, some are reasonable, some are downright low (you might have to look) and some are (I kid you not)abso-frickin-lutely FREE. When I got my hutch I had passed on over 20 china cabinets for $100 or less just because I didnt want to put my pipes behind glass.

10. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

exactly that's where I found this one... Craigslist

11. piper965

piper965 Member

It was a good find! I've been after one for a while. Just haven't found the right fit... Yet

12. Demented

Demented Member

That’s a great looking drop-front desk you’ve got there Bullwinkle, a $100 is a very good price for that piece of furniture. One question, why paint it?

13. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

in the pictures (from the previous owner) it looked worn and you couldn't really see the nice gain. But, when I got it home I found it was really a very nicely built piece of real furniture. dovetail joints, full lenght drawer glides and some very nice pine. so, I cleaned it up and then went over it with furniture restorer that contains beewaxs, etc.. now it looks like a brand new unit. once I get the old partical board shelves out of my man room and get this thing in there (I will need to wait for my son to come out and help move it) and loaded up I'll post a few pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.