1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

New Respect For Cwb

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by SBritton, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBritton

SBritton Member

After smoking a larger variety of Virginia baccies. Suddenly CBW taste even more wonderful!

2. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

3. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

I've got some that has been aging in a mason jar since last year. I stopped smoking of it because of the lack of taste. However, since it is now on 2t2m I might pull it out and see if my taste (or the tobacco) has changed any.

4. Roddy

Roddy Member

Is this Captain Black White or Captain White Black or.... :)

5. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I think you got it with the first one. :thumbsu:

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Last time I had the Captain, it was in hopes of a throwback moment, and all I really tasted was glycol and heat.... I was really disappointed with it. Haven't been back for years.

7. SBritton

SBritton Member

Its CBW. I miss typed. Captain Black White.

I thought the same thing when I first tried it. Then I had another bowl and liked it.
    I waited a bit. I am now in love with it. It has a wonderful vanilla note. I have noticed
    one bad thing about it. It does cary from pack to pack. You can get back packs.

8. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

Back packs?

9. SBritton

SBritton Member

Man I was really off that day.
    Bad Packs.

10. jamie7

jamie7 Member

I'm with Sas on this one. CBW was one of my first tobaccos and I liked it - at first. I went back to it about a year ago and found it really 2D. I went through the pouch, did a little mixing trying to make it more 3D. I don't think I'm gonna fork out cash to review it this time round. PA is another story - I could smoke it all day (but don't because there's just too many bowls and not enough time).

11. nobler son

nobler son Member

My experience with the Captain was a little lackluster at first. Tasted like hot air, and not much else. So I went away from it for a little while, tried some English/Balkan stuff, some pure burley blends, and so on. Once I started getting a better feel for tasting tobacco, I went back to Captain Black and was surprised. I started picking up on the toasted marshmallow flavor other smokers had written about. I started getting really good results after mixing in several pinches of Carter Hall to the pouch. Haven't bought another pouch of CBW yet. Not to say that I won't--Cavendish tobaccos are good every now and then, but they aren't high up on my list.

12. genuine

genuine Member

I had my first english blend and taste of latakia...boy that stuff is...freaking different. Totally not something that I was expecting. After that, I had some CBW, and boy, what a difference. I can now taste the sweetness and I love the aroma, that it gives off. I find it to be a very good smoke.

Now, I'm very interested in trying some of Boswell's aromatics, such as no bite dlite.

13. SBritton

SBritton Member

For me, when I started smoking I could not taste sweetness in anything. Pulling out the different flavors takes experience, patience and most of all, variety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.