New Respect For Cwb

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by SBritton, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBritton

SBritton Member

After smoking a larger variety of Virginia baccies. Suddenly CBW taste even more wonderful!

2. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

3. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

I've got some that has been aging in a mason jar since last year. I stopped smoking of it because of the lack of taste. However, since it is now on 2t2m I might pull it out and see if my taste (or the tobacco) has changed any.

4. Roddy

Roddy Member

Is this Captain Black White or Captain White Black or.... :)

5. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

I think you got it with the first one. :thumbsu:

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Last time I had the Captain, it was in hopes of a throwback moment, and all I really tasted was glycol and heat.... I was really disappointed with it. Haven't been back for years.

7. SBritton

SBritton Member

Its CBW. I miss typed. Captain Black White.

I thought the same thing when I first tried it. Then I had another bowl and liked it.
    I waited a bit. I am now in love with it. It has a wonderful vanilla note. I have noticed
    one bad thing about it. It does cary from pack to pack. You can get back packs.

8. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

Back packs?

9. SBritton

SBritton Member

Man I was really off that day.
    Bad Packs.

10. jamie7

jamie7 Member

I'm with Sas on this one. CBW was one of my first tobaccos and I liked it - at first. I went back to it about a year ago and found it really 2D. I went through the pouch, did a little mixing trying to make it more 3D. I don't think I'm gonna fork out cash to review it this time round. PA is another story - I could smoke it all day (but don't because there's just too many bowls and not enough time).

11. nobler son

nobler son Member

My experience with the Captain was a little lackluster at first. Tasted like hot air, and not much else. So I went away from it for a little while, tried some English/Balkan stuff, some pure burley blends, and so on. Once I started getting a better feel for tasting tobacco, I went back to Captain Black and was surprised. I started picking up on the toasted marshmallow flavor other smokers had written about. I started getting really good results after mixing in several pinches of Carter Hall to the pouch. Haven't bought another pouch of CBW yet. Not to say that I won't--Cavendish tobaccos are good every now and then, but they aren't high up on my list.

12. genuine

genuine Member

I had my first english blend and taste of latakia...boy that stuff is...freaking different. Totally not something that I was expecting. After that, I had some CBW, and boy, what a difference. I can now taste the sweetness and I love the aroma, that it gives off. I find it to be a very good smoke.

Now, I'm very interested in trying some of Boswell's aromatics, such as no bite dlite.

13. SBritton

SBritton Member

For me, when I started smoking I could not taste sweetness in anything. Pulling out the different flavors takes experience, patience and most of all, variety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.