1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

New Savinelli Milano Handmade

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Dubbler, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

So I received one of these pipes for Christmas. It is my 1st Sav. I love the look and feel of the pipe, but I am having an issue with the stem. The airway in the stem is so small that I cannot get a PC through the end (button side). Is this common of Savinelli?

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Check and see if there is a filter installed.

3. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

There is a balsa filter installed, but i removed it right away. The restriction is at the top part of the stem though. The problem is when the pipe is assembled, I cant get the pipe cleaner in at all. The hole is too small.

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

5. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

I have those. I've had them for awhile and never use them. Out of site out of mind I guess. I'll give them a try when I get home.

6. Gary

Gary Member

I've found that pipe cleaners are not created equal. Some that I got from a local cig shop for an inflated price are too bigfor a couple of my pipes. So far I preper church wardend cleaners as it always gives me two cleans ends to work with. They're especially good for drying after I swap a pipe with a little Everclear if they need it.

7. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

I also have some church warden pipe cleaners. Ill also give them a try. Ill let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the input everyone.

8. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

no pics? didn't happen, nope can't convince me without a pic

9. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

10. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

I did get a church warden pipe cleaner to get into the stem, but I can not get it to pass all the way to the bowl which kind of irritates me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.