1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Savinelli Milano Handmade

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Dubbler, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

So I received one of these pipes for Christmas. It is my 1st Sav. I love the look and feel of the pipe, but I am having an issue with the stem. The airway in the stem is so small that I cannot get a PC through the end (button side). Is this common of Savinelli?

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Check and see if there is a filter installed.

3. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

There is a balsa filter installed, but i removed it right away. The restriction is at the top part of the stem though. The problem is when the pipe is assembled, I cant get the pipe cleaner in at all. The hole is too small.

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

5. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

I have those. I've had them for awhile and never use them. Out of site out of mind I guess. I'll give them a try when I get home.

6. Gary

Gary Member

I've found that pipe cleaners are not created equal. Some that I got from a local cig shop for an inflated price are too bigfor a couple of my pipes. So far I preper church wardend cleaners as it always gives me two cleans ends to work with. They're especially good for drying after I swap a pipe with a little Everclear if they need it.

7. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

I also have some church warden pipe cleaners. Ill also give them a try. Ill let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the input everyone.

8. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

no pics? didn't happen, nope can't convince me without a pic

9. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

10. Dubbler

Dubbler Member

I did get a church warden pipe cleaner to get into the stem, but I can not get it to pass all the way to the bowl which kind of irritates me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.