1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Savinelli!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by StoneGiant, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneGiant

StoneGiant Member

Is this a Bulldog? Or does it being sort of squashed make it a Rhodesian? Still learning my shapes as it were!
    [​IMG]

It smokes great, I never tried the Balsa system before but it seems to work as advertised, dry as a bone all the way down, and I usually get wet heel a little bit no matter what I smoke or how I smoke it. I'm pretty darned happy with it if you ask me.

It's like a factory second or something, doesn't say Savinelli on it but the guy told me that it's a product of Savinelli and came from their factory. Just stamped Italy.

I love that the bowl is so thick, so it doesn't get too hot, I've had that happen with thinner walled pipes. A tad bit heavy for clenching, this is more of a sit and hold to me..

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I would call it a Rhodesian, despite the square shank, others may call it a bulldog because of the square shank. The lack of rings around the bowl make it a Rhodie so maybe its a Rhoddog?. In any event, Congrats and enjoy your new Sav!

3. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Great looking pipe..congrats!

4. StoneGiant

StoneGiant Member

That's it, I'm calling it a Road dog!

5. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Very nice. I've been looking for something similar. Lost a few ebay bids but, I'll keep plugging away..
    Nice pipe!

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

What does Savinelli call it? To me, it's a smooth dog, no rings. Nice one too! Congratz!

Ed
    Puff

7. StoneGiant

StoneGiant Member

Not sure, I haven't dug around the web to find an example of it, I just asked the guy behind the counter for something Savinelli made with a relatively short but wide bowl with THICK walls so it wouldn't get super hot on me, and he handed me that. Told me it's made by them but not stamped, I'm assuming that's why it was like 30$ cheaper than the other ones I looked at...

I almost bought an "official" Savinelli stamped straight un-squashed Bulldog, but the price was a bit steep and the girlfriend was already standing next to me bemoaning that I was spending more money on another pipe, so I went with the cheaper option.

Funny thing is she wants me to get more meers, she thinks they are classy!

I've been looking for a nice Canadian ever since my smooth finish Savinelli Hercules took a walk years ago, and saw some nice La Rocas, but I've never smoked one of those. The price seemed right for a decent pipe, but I have no experience. How do La Roca's stack up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.