New Smoking Pal - His Loss My Gain

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by SBritton, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBritton

SBritton Member

A really good friend of mine wanted to get into pipe smoking. He is so good of a friend, I gave him my first pipe, my old meerschaum. But anyhow, I got him started on some vanilla and cherry aros and he really dove in head first.

Then he got a little braver and started smoking the abrasive stuff, went out and purchased a 14oz tin of CH and a 14oz tin of PA. I wish he would have consulted me first.

Anyhow, he smoked a few BIG bowls of PA and it made him sick. Same thing with the CH. So he gave me the tins. Now my question, what is a nice light baccy that I can give him as a thank you for the gift. Something smooth on the stomach and mouth but would work him into stronger stuff?

-Thanks

2. SBritton

SBritton Member

To keep this thread relevant, I am having some of that wonderful CH in my Sasquatch custom!

3. Prof

Prof Member

CH and PA are abrasive? I consider those the mild ones to try...maybe 1Q as a thank you, a nice mellow aro?

B

4. Bacek

Bacek Member

Give him Erinmore. It's just hot air with some fruit aroma.

5. SBritton

SBritton Member

CH and PA are a bit strong on the nicotine side. Erinmore? Any particular vendor?

6. Bacek

Bacek Member

7. SBritton

SBritton Member

Kind of expensive but worth a try.

A superb blend of premium Virginia leaf topped with a secret recipe and aged under pressure to marry the flavors. The aged cake is then sliced thin and packaged. Can be rubbed to suit any taste. Medium in strength with a refreshing aroma. A cool clean burning all-day smoke.

From the site. ^^^

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I find CH to be extremely low in nicotine. I never smoke it for a nicotine buzz unless I roll a cigarette, which I try not to do often. PA has a little more, but not much more. I dont find either "abrasive"

Maybe he just needs to keep enjoying some weak aromatics for a while. No reason to push him into tobaccos he can't stomach.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Sounds like he's digging the aros ... so maybe if ya gotta B&M around .. you could pick him out a bulk aro that he hasnt had yet . The guy workin there will let you fill a bowl to smoke to see if ya like it before ya buy it . Heck , a 2 oz bag and a pipe nail would be a nice thank you gift and shouldnt run you more than 4-5 bucks

10. SBritton

SBritton Member

I was thinking something like Boswell's Northwoods or something of that nature. I wish I had a local B&M but the closest thing we have a Smoker's Friendly.

11. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

If he likes aros get him some Solani Sweet Mystery or Peterson's Sunset Breeze or Stanwell's Melange.

12. redskull13

redskull13 Member

For a starter aro, I would recommend some Butera Sweet Cavendish, Solani Sweet Mystery or Stanwell Melange.
    I have smoked them all and they are gentle well rounded smokes with a nice room note and tastey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.