1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

New Smoking Pal - His Loss My Gain

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by SBritton, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBritton

SBritton Member

A really good friend of mine wanted to get into pipe smoking. He is so good of a friend, I gave him my first pipe, my old meerschaum. But anyhow, I got him started on some vanilla and cherry aros and he really dove in head first.

Then he got a little braver and started smoking the abrasive stuff, went out and purchased a 14oz tin of CH and a 14oz tin of PA. I wish he would have consulted me first.

Anyhow, he smoked a few BIG bowls of PA and it made him sick. Same thing with the CH. So he gave me the tins. Now my question, what is a nice light baccy that I can give him as a thank you for the gift. Something smooth on the stomach and mouth but would work him into stronger stuff?

-Thanks

2. SBritton

SBritton Member

To keep this thread relevant, I am having some of that wonderful CH in my Sasquatch custom!

3. Prof

Prof Member

CH and PA are abrasive? I consider those the mild ones to try...maybe 1Q as a thank you, a nice mellow aro?

B

4. Bacek

Bacek Member

Give him Erinmore. It's just hot air with some fruit aroma.

5. SBritton

SBritton Member

CH and PA are a bit strong on the nicotine side. Erinmore? Any particular vendor?

6. Bacek

Bacek Member

7. SBritton

SBritton Member

Kind of expensive but worth a try.

A superb blend of premium Virginia leaf topped with a secret recipe and aged under pressure to marry the flavors. The aged cake is then sliced thin and packaged. Can be rubbed to suit any taste. Medium in strength with a refreshing aroma. A cool clean burning all-day smoke.

From the site. ^^^

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I find CH to be extremely low in nicotine. I never smoke it for a nicotine buzz unless I roll a cigarette, which I try not to do often. PA has a little more, but not much more. I dont find either "abrasive"

Maybe he just needs to keep enjoying some weak aromatics for a while. No reason to push him into tobaccos he can't stomach.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Sounds like he's digging the aros ... so maybe if ya gotta B&M around .. you could pick him out a bulk aro that he hasnt had yet . The guy workin there will let you fill a bowl to smoke to see if ya like it before ya buy it . Heck , a 2 oz bag and a pipe nail would be a nice thank you gift and shouldnt run you more than 4-5 bucks

10. SBritton

SBritton Member

I was thinking something like Boswell's Northwoods or something of that nature. I wish I had a local B&M but the closest thing we have a Smoker's Friendly.

11. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

If he likes aros get him some Solani Sweet Mystery or Peterson's Sunset Breeze or Stanwell's Melange.

12. redskull13

redskull13 Member

For a starter aro, I would recommend some Butera Sweet Cavendish, Solani Sweet Mystery or Stanwell Melange.
    I have smoked them all and they are gentle well rounded smokes with a nice room note and tastey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.