1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

New tin

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Calidadd, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

I just received my tin of Sutliff Molto Dulce. Yummy stuff. All the notes of vanilla,caramel, honey are there. All distinct. Very mild for those who have a sensitive roof like me. Nice room note (actually got a few compliments). It is a bit oily, not sure if this has to do with the honey??? I will be buying more of this candy! I posted this on the review.com thread then realized those folk take their reviews very seriously. I hope they don't yell at me lol.

Smarty Jones likes this.
  2. Moose

Moose Active Member

I was gifted a sample of Molto Dolce and loved it. Had to buy a tin. One of my favorite Sutliff offerings.

Calidadd likes this.
  3. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

What do you think the oiliness is attributed to?

4. Moose

Moose Active Member

I'm not sure. The sample I had apparently had some age on it and I didn't get the oiliness and the tin I bought is still sealed. I'll try to open it tomorrow and see what condition it's in.

5. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

Propylene Glycol, I had an open tin of that stuff for over a year and it was as moist/oily the day I gave it away as the day I opened it.

Smarty Jones, Calidadd and Thuber88 like this.
  6. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

I know propylene glycol is used as a humectant in tobacco but is it used in all pipe tobacco?

7. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

No, not all companies use it. Sutliff is one of the larger ones that I have noticed that use it.

8. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Must say, I'm intrigued by his blend (especially after reading this!)

Calidadd likes this.
  9. Calidadd

Calidadd Member

Just received my new tin of Petersons Special 2013 Reserve. Can't wait to taste this yummy stuff!!! Smells delish :byg: [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.