1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

New (to me) wacky Wiley arrived today

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by AndyLowry, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Found this little-- well, not so little-- gem on the dreaded Ebay. It's got some 3 Oaks Syrian burning in it as I write. It's a sitter, which I wish I had more of-- my folding pipe-stand seems to have dematerialized.

[attachment=1010:wiley55b.jpg]

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Nice Wiley AL! Randy makes some awesome pipage! Own several and not a one is a bad one at all, "stellar" has been my experiences since late '80's and early '90's. Great score, though ebay does seem "dreaded" at times, it's a great place to find things where your local b&m or on-line etailers don't have what you're looking for. Congratz! Even nicer that yours behavez (sits.....when she'z told to). ;)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

3. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Thanks, Puff. Yes, I think Wiley is probably my favorite maker at the moment; he seems to be equally good at both standard and freehandy shapes.

Forgot to mention what this one is-- Patina 55. Unlike my others, it's undated.

Andy

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Randy gets killer Gresian briar and has for many years . He oil cures and his finnish work it tops . He's done so many rusticated finnishes over the years That I can't keep count . His smooth pipes are like mirrors and his shapes are from traditional to God only knows . He's my favortie American pipemaker by far ... and a hell of a nice guy

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Ooooh, "undated", she could be very old, as in maybe pre-'85-ish? Either way, she looks very nice and I'm sure she smokes better than she looks. I like the Patina's but also like Randy's Rusticateds and Galleons too.

Randy uses extremely good briar and stemmage as well. Can't go wrong with a Wiley!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

6. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Very nice pipe, very unique look to it and that is what catches my eye when i look for new pipes to add to my collection, Great buy!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu:

7. erickghint

erickghint Member

Randy Wiley is in the top tier of my favorite pipe makers, American or otherwise, and that's a hell of an example of his work. I'm sure you're going to love that one, it looks amazing.

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I'm normally pretty conservative in my tastes and tend to go for standard shapes - but that pipe is a real beauty and the standard of workmanship seems very high.

A seriously nice pipe - congratulations and many happy years with it!

Best as always

Gerry

9. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Great pick up!!! Ebay is a dreaded beast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.