New Tobacco??

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by bigbird48, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbird48

bigbird48 Member

So I just got my sample packs from Bosell's, but I've been flat on my back sick for four days and now I can't taste anything and have this terrible, rib hurting cough and ache all over. Probably not the best day to test smoke new baccy, huh? :(

2. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Probably not, but at least you have something to look forward to. I think everybody got some kind of bug this year, I just got over a bit of a cold myself.

3. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Wait it out. Your immune system will thank you!

4. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Which tobaccos did you get?

Hope you feel better soon!

5. bigbird48

bigbird48 Member

wanted to try some of their aromatics, so I went with Chocolate Cream, Raspberry Cream, Christmas Cookie and Dutch Treat.

6. tyler 32

tyler 32 Member

I've tried all of these. there all good. Some advice for you with boswell is there tabbaco loses it flavor after a month. Mine were in a masion jar and they still lost the flavor thats why i dont buy no more from them. after the flavor is lost it just taste like tabbaco. so when you get better smoke it up. I hope you fell better and happy pufing

7. beans316

beans316 Member

Its funny how people are different , I have smoked all there blends for yrs and feel they last for a long time . My fav blends from boswell are northwoods and pipers pleasure, followed by no bite delite and berry cobbler

8. tyler 32

tyler 32 Member

How did you keep the flavor? How long did you have them for?

9. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

a mix 1/3 choc and 2/3 rasp makes a nice smoke.

10. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Nope...you're better off to wait it out. I had to wait a week or so when I had the flu.

11. bigbird48

bigbird48 Member

Feel pretty good tonight....but I'm still waiting at least until tomorrow.

12. bigbird48

bigbird48 Member

"a mix 1/3 choc and 2/3 rasp makes a nice smoke"

That sounds like a pretty good mix, perhaps I'll give that one a try.
    :bing:

13. beans316

beans316 Member

Im not talking yrs lol , but I keep them in rotation . Usually have to restock every 6 months . I just keep mine in big glass jars from wal-mart not mason jars but the ones with the rubber lip and a metal pull handle , they hold 8oz perfect , not that mason jars arent great these just look nicer on display .

14. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Yeah you and me both. Been sick with the flu for the weekend and just pulling through. My pipe racks have been staring at me with those puppy dog eyes. "Please smoke us....":(

15. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

Can't speak for the others, but I've smoked a bunch of the Christmas Cookie and love every minute of it! I've also smoked a ton of Boswell's Best. Those are my two favorite blends from Boswell's.

I keep mine jarred in mason's too, but I haven't found them losing flavor at all. I had 4oz. of Boswell's Best for over 6 months and it tasted as good on the last day as it did the first. YMMV...

16. tyler 32

tyler 32 Member

Maybe i just got a bad batch or something. I'll have to get some and try it good. dont get me wrong they are pretty good tabbacos. My dad own a pipe from them. He loves it.

17. bigbird48

bigbird48 Member

Feeling some better but I'm still not sure what anything will taste like. I've got that medicine head/taste going on now. I sure don't want to ruin the taste of a good tobacco. You know how it can be, you get a bad taste in your memory and it'll never go away.

18. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

I'd wait. Give it a few more days to make sure you're totally on the mend. Your tobacco will be waiting patiently for you...it has nothing better to do.

19. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

When I feel ill I have no desire to light a pipe. No shame in waiting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.