1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Newbie, Bought 3 Pipes, 5 Different Smokes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Patrick White, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Welcome from New Mexico.

2. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Welcome from Texas! I'm a newbie here but not to pipe smoking. This is a great hobby your part of and lots of good people here on this forum to answer your questions. There's no such thing as a dumb question. I've learned alot these past few weeks. One thing you do need to know while your buying and trying new blends is how to store your tobacco properly after you open your tins. Think of it as protecting your investments. I buy ball jars to store my tobacco once I crack the tin. I'll keep 1/2 pints to quart size on hand. If you buy a blend and hate it, dont give up on it. Revisit it at a later date because your taste may change. I bought a tin of G.L. Pease Fillmore 6 yrs ago and hated it. Left it in my closet and forgot about it till a couple of months ago. Lucky for me it was still moist. I fired up a bowl and with a what the heck attitude and :)!! It's good stuff now! There's nothing like the feeling of a new pipe/estate pipe in your hand. Opening a new blend of tobacco for the first time and taking a long deep breath as the tin note makes it's presence known. Firing up a bowl that was packed perfectly and stays lit to a fine white ash. Enjoying every puff as you slowly sip the days troubles away with the help of your favorite drink. Time for a pipe........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.