1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie from Patterson, CA

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by scavenger, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scavenger

scavenger Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Hey There! Hows everyone doing? I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and make some new friends. I'm very new to pipe smoking, i actually just picked up a cheap cob today (not a MM)and a pouch of Prince Albert. I have to say that I'm not too fond of the PA. I'm also a little skeptical about this cob I got, I guess I'll just have to see how it holds up. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some tasty tobacco to try. The only places to get pipe tobacco around where I'm located are shady liquor stores and drug stores. I'm really excited about this transition from cigs to a pipe. I know my girlfriend is probably getting tired of hearing me talk about pipes, but anyways if you guys could send some suggestions my way I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    Welcome aboard and to the eternal and undying brotherhood of benevolent pipe smoking persons!

The internet is your friend as regards tobacco supply, unless you can find a dedicated pipe/cigar sort of shop.

Poke around, do a little research on Tobaccoreviews.com maybe, and you can order tins bags and cannisters of all kinds of good stuff.
  3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Check out the post, "Some Aros taste like they smell". It's a couple of posts down from where you are. It's timely, we just talked about tobaccos that are flavorful and aromatic. Good reading and worth your time.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.
  4. Rockaholic555

Rockaholic555 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Carlos, join in on the chat room sometime during the daily chat as there are usually a lot of us talking about new bacy we have tried or old tried and true favorites.
  5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

Welcome aboard and I really hope you enjoy your time here. Great bunch of guys on this board and all only to happy to help with advice etc. New guys don't get put down here!

Good advice already - all that I can add is that if the cob isn't a Missouri Meerschaum or a Jake Hackert it'd be worth replacing with the real thing. MM's cobs are cheap, reliable and good. MM ships direct anywhere and both Marylin and Phil there are great to deal with; the site itself is also interesting. You can get MM cobs cheaper elsewhere but MM really is great to deal with - and the last time I ordered from them I had the pipes here in Scotland three days later.

Enjoy your pipe and welcome again

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

May 19, 2010
    Welcome aboard!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.