1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Mistake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jayson H Bucy, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

Aug 5, 2011
    So when I first started smoking pipes a couple of months ago, bereft of the font of knowledge that is PSF, I put all my tobacco into the fridge in the drawer with selective humidity control with the humidity cranked up. All that tobacco (3 tins and 5oz of blend) are now dry and smoke nasty.

Please tell me I can bring them back to life as I really love 2 of the 3 tins and the other is pretty good too.
  2. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Good news, you can!

There are a few ways to go about it. If there is a large volume, I will put it in a wide bowl and put a damp paper towel over the top so that nothing wet touches the tobacco.

If it is a small amount, I might just load it one bowl at a time, exhale onto the bowl a few times and let it sit for a second or two. Seems to work okay.

Also, I missed where you're from, but if it humid there, just setting it out might do the trick.
  3. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Jun 16, 2011
    You can try putting the tobacco in a bowl and covering the top of the bowl with a damp washcloth it should re hydrate.
  4. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

May 17, 2011
    I'm with Mark on this one. Just don't mold it
  5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    If you had one of those flexable long funnel things [ auto part stores ] or the like , you could boil water and channel the steam to a bag w/ the blend in it . It's steam and thats good . However , I 'm w/ everyone so far .... the washcloth over the bowl is freakin easy and works ! Damp cloth ... not dripping wet . Or you'll have to start a thread on drying :)
  6. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Once you have it re-hydrated, think about some mason jars to put it in. They're cheap, easy, and reusable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.