1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie on the hunt for flavour

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by brunchman, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

Here is that video - I like this method a lot

And from what you've said ( and as diagnosed by others) it sounds like you are smoking too hot.

I posted the exact question about all tobacco tasting the same when i started. Based on the advice here I slowed way down, used the packing method here, went from smoking a bowl In about 30 minutes with lots and lots of thick smoke to smoking the same bowl in about an hour and a half with significantly less smoke but significantly more flavor. I strongly suspect you will have the same experience - welcome and good luck.

2. brunchman

brunchman Member

Wait so are you saying butane lighters are bad? I have a pipe lighter, i tried using matches but its just too windy where i am.

3. Morse

Morse Active Member

no torch lighters are the ones to stay away from - regular "soft" butane is fine

Mister Moo likes this.
  4. brunchman

brunchman Member

Ah sweet ok, Moo was referring to the blue flame blow torch lighters.

Still the whole "holding the lighter for 1 seconds at a time" technique might help me achieve a cooler smoke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.