1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Newly bought.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Linus, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Congrats---------sweet purchase. Enjoy.:bing::th1:

Linus likes this.
  2. Linus

Linus Member

Quick review..
    The Stanwell H.C.A no7 is a exeptional pipe in my opinon, or maybe i should say, a forgiving pipe.
    When i smoke it to fast it forgives my thanks to it´s thick walls of the amazing chunky somewhat heavy bowl, and the long stem gives varning long before a drop och yuckyness ends up on the tongue.
    The long stem also provide exelent cool smoke even when zipping a bit to fast and greedy.
    Still, it might not be a pipe for everyone, even with the short stem it´s still a heavy piece of briar and my belive is that it´s for us who mainly hold the pipe in the hand, regardless of stemlenght.
    So far i like it best with Petersons Sweet killarney, Orliks golden sliced on the other hand seem to loose it´s freshness/citrus tone, hopefully this will make more apperance when it´s properly broken in. And my other ones takes the best out of OGS during the meantime =)

I rate myself as i newbe, even if i bought my first proper pipe 2005 i have only used it occationly until recently, But this one i whould recomend both to the first time buyer (if willing to spend a handsome amount of cash) or to someone who have puffed since ancient times, becouse i feel it gives much for every buck. Not only becouse it forgives my mistakes or the fine craft but also becouse it feel so darn elegant =)

3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Great looking pipe!! Congrats!

Linus likes this.
  4. Nate

Nate Member

WIN! Nice pipe there Linus!! Congrats!

Linus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.