1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Newly bought.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Linus, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Congrats---------sweet purchase. Enjoy.:bing::th1:

Linus likes this.
  2. Linus

Linus Member

Quick review..
    The Stanwell H.C.A no7 is a exeptional pipe in my opinon, or maybe i should say, a forgiving pipe.
    When i smoke it to fast it forgives my thanks to it´s thick walls of the amazing chunky somewhat heavy bowl, and the long stem gives varning long before a drop och yuckyness ends up on the tongue.
    The long stem also provide exelent cool smoke even when zipping a bit to fast and greedy.
    Still, it might not be a pipe for everyone, even with the short stem it´s still a heavy piece of briar and my belive is that it´s for us who mainly hold the pipe in the hand, regardless of stemlenght.
    So far i like it best with Petersons Sweet killarney, Orliks golden sliced on the other hand seem to loose it´s freshness/citrus tone, hopefully this will make more apperance when it´s properly broken in. And my other ones takes the best out of OGS during the meantime =)

I rate myself as i newbe, even if i bought my first proper pipe 2005 i have only used it occationly until recently, But this one i whould recomend both to the first time buyer (if willing to spend a handsome amount of cash) or to someone who have puffed since ancient times, becouse i feel it gives much for every buck. Not only becouse it forgives my mistakes or the fine craft but also becouse it feel so darn elegant =)

3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Great looking pipe!! Congrats!

Linus likes this.
  4. Nate

Nate Member

WIN! Nice pipe there Linus!! Congrats!

Linus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.