Newminster

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Anyone know what is going on with this? I read the bit on P&C's website about it being a Stokkebye/Villiger/MacB thing. They show blends that mirror Stokkebye blends like Bullseye Flake and Navy Flake. Anyone know if all the Stokkebye blends are going to be sold under the Newminster label and if so is the Stokkebye name going away?

2. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I did a little more reading. Sounds like Villiger lost the distribution rights for Peter Stokkebye so they got MacB to produce a line of tobacco for them and they are somewhat copying the PS offerings. That what y'all are getting from it?

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Does that mean I wont be able to get my Balkan Supreme any longer?...

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

If I'm following it right...yeah. Wonder if Stokkbye will find a new partner, or maybe more likely, when? Some guys are already antsy enough thanks to the LTF draught.

5. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I'm reading that Lane is going to distribute Stokkebye.

6. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

On another forum I saw where someone who supposedly knows said we are not loosing Stokkebye but rather are getting a whole new line with similar offerings. It will be interesting to see how luxury navy flake compares to the newminster navy flake, etc, etc.

7. RS422

RS422 Member

The Newminster Navy Flake is really tasty. I like it better than Stokebye. Not as bland.

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah, Stokkebye is now distributed by Lane. They are still made by the same people - production should be the same and so should the blends. It's just somebody different is making money by bringing the stuff to sell in the US. The Newminster stuff, I guess, is just so the folks that used to distribute it can make a little more money - after all Stokkebye is a huge moneymaker, being one of the best selling bulk producers there are...losing them would be a really big blow to one's income.

All the old PS blends should still be available now that they're back in stock.

9. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

My local B&M just started carrying Newminster bulk. Picked up some Navy Flake. Looking forward to it!

10. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Anyone else tried the Newminster tobaccos yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.