1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Question

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by user3610, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBWright

JBWright Member

Never meant that it was strong or aromatic. thelogomat asked if the Lakeland essence was found in SL and to my tastes, they are. I guess it is a classic case of YMMV.

http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/samuel-gawiths-squadron-leader.703/

See I'm not crazy! :bag:

2. buistd

buistd Active Member

GH Bosun Cut Plug Scented and Coniston Cut Plug. Both are strong and smell pretty good. I haven't tried Dark Flake Scented but the unscented is very good.

3. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

You are all crazy :byg:. No, I'm just kidding. I would think that there are times when some of their unscented tobaccos might be a little too close to the scented ones during production or storage. Some of those floral toppings can be very potent and contaminate other tobaccos. I tried a sample of HV that I though had lakeland essence becuase it had been sitting a little too close to a bag of Ennerdale.

I've never had an English blend with Lakeland essence but I am curious now. Maybe I'll drop a piece of scented Brown Flake into a jar with some SL.

4. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

You ain't just whistling Dixie there! I just opened my latest TAD order and the entire box had a certain aroma ... I quickly picked out the culprit when I opened the baggie marked Ennerdale and the aroma was suddenly four times stronger. I've separated the prime suspects (there's more than just Ennerdale in the perfume category on this order!) and will need to jar these bad boys up. This stuff can double as some potent potpourri!

5. JBWright

JBWright Member

There probably is some credence to that statement. I would have to imagine that all the tobacco is close to each other during production and possibly during application of the scent. I was reading an old thread and someone mentioned that the essence seemed hit and miss between tins.

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

C&D Epiphany gets good reviews from my better half. It packs a decent nice punch, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.