1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

nice smoke but not so nice room note

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

Any of you have a tobacco you dont mind smoking but the room note is less than desirable to you and or others
    Mine was borkum riff original i couldnt smell it but mam said it reeked and promptly sent me packing to my half melted beer crate
    She also says the same about carter hall and sir walter raleigh
    She says they smell like really strong cigars again promptly sent packing

Worst offender by a mile though is st bruno
    I dont mind smoking it but after a while the room note just has a smell to it that makes me feel like im going to gip everywhere

Anyone else want to chime in

YAPPG and Robin like this.
  2. Robin

Robin Member

I've not had ant complaints, but I only smoke in my basement mancave/ garage or outdoors. I think CH, and SWR smell great, not like a cigar at all. It matters not one whit what I think, you have to keep SWMBO happy! ;)

YAPPG likes this.
  3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

GLP Quiet Nights has to have the worst room note of any tobacco I smoke. Smells like something died in the room. It clings heavily to the air, like a cigar would. Nasty aroma, absolutely sublime flavor.

Truth to tell, though, if I could smell it as it was being smoked, it would probably destroy the wonderful flavor. So I'm happy that I only taste it.

YAPPG and Robin like this.
  4. Skrymr

Skrymr Member

The only comment I've gotten on a bad room note was for Dunhill Nightcap.

YAPPG likes this.
  5. craig

craig Active Member

G&h balkan mixture and condor got me packing outdoora love the smell of condor but it hangs for ages
    And balkan. Mixture well that smells....rank

YAPPG likes this.
  6. Dan Manchester

Dan Manchester Member

Larry's Blend gets me in trouble every time. I love it. Family not so much. Off to the garage with Larry again!

YAPPG likes this.
  7. craig

craig Active Member

Your lucky dan i have a half melted beer crate lol

YAPPG likes this.
  8. Dan Manchester

Dan Manchester Member

That's funny. Got Pics of this half melted beer crate? The thing is though I don't get near the enjoyment when smoking outside, garage, car..etc. I like smoking in my house dammit! Me and Larry might have to get our own place.

YAPPG and craig like this.
  9. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Yes the thing with smoking a pipe is we dont smell the tobacco as the people around us do.

YAPPG likes this.
  10. craig

craig Active Member

Thats true tom what i meant was if you smoke in a certain place inside leave once finished smoking and go back a little later

The two worst offenders for that in my oppinion is st bruno and balkan mixture by gawith and hoggarth

YAPPG likes this.
  11. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I smoke just about everything but Burley blends (a body chemistry thing) and love the room note afterwards for all of them. The only ones the bride fusses about are heavy lat blends...she's golden with everything else.

YAPPG likes this.
  12. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

My $.02...both of the VaPer blends that I've got (C&D Kajun Kake and Kickin' Chicken) have a toxic room (and vehicle) note. I've decided to reserve them for the front porch and back deck.

13. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

In the dorm when I first started smoking the guys often accused me of smoking "old sweat socks." :laff:

They may well have ribbed me about anything I was smoking, but I was really casting about that first year for blends and recall smoking some John Rolf, Field and Stream, Briggs, and, yes, another -- um -- Mixture that will go unnamed. :whis:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.