1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicotine Conent

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by DMiddleton, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

Jul 12, 2013
    do you like a lot or a little? or does it matter to you at all?

i like a good hit of vitamin N. some people say it makes them feel sick but i just get relaxed and eventually can do nothing but sleep or sit motionless and content.
    Thuber88 and BernardLerring like this.
  2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Feb 16, 2013
    It depends on the time of day for me, I tend to go for something middling during the day, something relaxing but doesn't knock me out. After my evening meal, though, I really love a good dose of the stuff, nicely settles the stomach and mellows me good and proper as the darkness sets in. Then, last thing at night, get in a healthy flake with a massive mug of tea, gives me the major waft of the naughty leaf to set me up for a good kip.
    Mington and Thuber88 like this.
  3. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Apr 22, 2013
    I'm not sure if I'm a fan of nic or not. The only 'effect' I ever get is akin to drinking a cup of coffee.
    BernardLerring likes this.
  4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I generally like it. I do prefer Old Joe Krantz and Happy Brown Bogie after eating--I find them a bit much on an empty stomach. Those are the only two blends (so far) that I've found that give me a little buzz when smoking a big bowl.
  5. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Jan 17, 2013
    I'll smoke any blend that tastes good, but I do like strong nicotine and consider it a definite positive in a blend. :)
  6. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

May 5, 2011
    Usually for me it's the more the better! I guess it's left-over from cigarette days, but I love something that will satisfy a craving, and hold the next one off for a while. However, even a moderate blend like PS Luxury Twist Flake can get the job done. I only smoke aromatics when the room note is important, and then usually go for something like Vanilla Creme Flake that still has some nic.

In all fairness I blame the cravings more on the snus with which I supplement my pipe smoking during the day at work. At times that I've been exclusive to pipes, I didn't really have cravings. I probably need to go back to that!
  7. Nico

Nico Member

Apr 2, 2013
    To be honest, for me it doesn't matter at all. Some of my tobaccos have a lot nicotin and some have less. Once though I felt a bit sick after a bowl of Nightcap I smoked in the midday heat.
  8. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I don't usually mind, one way or another.
    That said, when the heat and humidity get high, I turn to blends low in Nic, to avoid the queasiness.
  9. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Jan 31, 2012
    I like massive nicotine, but flavor is more important most of the time. If I'm smoking something tasty with lower nic than I'm used to, I can always take a blast of snuff if I need the boost.
  10. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Feb 7, 2011
    I'd be fine if there were no nicotine in tobacco. I'm fine with it in there.

I guess I'm saying it doesn't matter - I just make sure I don't take in too much at the wrong times.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.