1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicotine cravings

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by JescoWhite, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

I'm just curious how many smokers here get nicotine cravings (pipe / cigar only, not cig smokers). And I mean a physical craving, not just a desire to feel the affects.

I only smoke one bowl a day and I don't feel like I have any physical nicotine addiction. So I am wondering if you smoke many pipes a day (let's say more than 3-4) do you actually develop a nicotine addiction?

One of the things that I love about pipe smoking is that I don't feel like I need to do it like I did with cigs. I smoke if I feel like it and if I don't it's no big deal.

So I am just curious how many pipe smokers here feel like they have a physical nicotine addiction.

2. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

After I got of cigarettes the cravings went away. It did take a little while though.

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Never get a nic craving like I did with Cigs. If you do smoke some Rattray's Hal o' the Wynd. :puffy:

4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

It seems I traded one addiction for another, just different delivery system.

Jay likes this.
  5. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

I am addicted to nicotine but I mostly get it from snuff instead of the pipes.

6. user2460

user2460 Member

MMmMMMmm nicotine and caffeine! :drly:

Mark w4mms and cobbsmoker like this.
  7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

No addiction to nicotine for me. I can go for days without a pipe and feel no ill effects. PAD & TAD however, have me hooked.....:xd:

8. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I don't think I am physically addicted to nicotine, but I don't want to stop long enough to find out, but seriously I have no problems going days without.

9. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

This! I have noticed that as my pipe collection grew, so did my desire to smoke them.

10. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

I think that's the difference between a hobby and an addiction.

Ocotillo Jim likes this.
  11. Jay

Jay Active Member

I was hooked on nicotine before I knew what it was. Glad I found out.

12. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I've gone 5 days without a pipe and have no craving for tobacco at all. (The reason I went 5 days without? We drove to Denver for my twin grandson's 3rd birthday party.)

WyoBob

13. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Smoke a bowl of Epiphany if you're having a nic fit. I smoked a half a bowl this morning and my heads still spinning. I'm thinking Chris over at C&D needs to change the name of this to "Big Burley Bad A$$ Motherswinger".:beyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.