Nicotine cravings

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by JescoWhite, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

I'm just curious how many smokers here get nicotine cravings (pipe / cigar only, not cig smokers). And I mean a physical craving, not just a desire to feel the affects.

I only smoke one bowl a day and I don't feel like I have any physical nicotine addiction. So I am wondering if you smoke many pipes a day (let's say more than 3-4) do you actually develop a nicotine addiction?

One of the things that I love about pipe smoking is that I don't feel like I need to do it like I did with cigs. I smoke if I feel like it and if I don't it's no big deal.

So I am just curious how many pipe smokers here feel like they have a physical nicotine addiction.

2. woody

woody Admin Admin

After I got of cigarettes the cravings went away. It did take a little while though.

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Never get a nic craving like I did with Cigs. If you do smoke some Rattray's Hal o' the Wynd. :puffy:

4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

It seems I traded one addiction for another, just different delivery system.

Jay likes this.
  5. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

I am addicted to nicotine but I mostly get it from snuff instead of the pipes.

6. user2460

user2460 Member

MMmMMMmm nicotine and caffeine! :drly:

Mark w4mms and cobbsmoker like this.
  7. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

No addiction to nicotine for me. I can go for days without a pipe and feel no ill effects. PAD & TAD however, have me hooked.....:xd:

8. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I don't think I am physically addicted to nicotine, but I don't want to stop long enough to find out, but seriously I have no problems going days without.

9. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

This! I have noticed that as my pipe collection grew, so did my desire to smoke them.

10. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

I think that's the difference between a hobby and an addiction.

Ocotillo Jim likes this.
  11. Jay

Jay Active Member

I was hooked on nicotine before I knew what it was. Glad I found out.

12. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I've gone 5 days without a pipe and have no craving for tobacco at all. (The reason I went 5 days without? We drove to Denver for my twin grandson's 3rd birthday party.)

WyoBob

13. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Smoke a bowl of Epiphany if you're having a nic fit. I smoked a half a bowl this morning and my heads still spinning. I'm thinking Chris over at C&D needs to change the name of this to "Big Burley Bad A$$ Motherswinger".:beyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.