No bulk Escudo Navy De Luxe?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Goat, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goat

Goat Active Member

Agh.......
    Dang it.:mad:

2. Capt

Capt Active Member

I wish there was. I'd hoard that stuff like no tomorrow! Til then, I just hoard tins.

3. Goat

Goat Active Member

I know. I just got my first tin of it a week or so ago. Everytime I fire up one of those frisbees I fall further in love with the stuff. If I could find it in bulk Id dump all Bayou Mornign to free up some jars for it.

4. Capt

Capt Active Member

For a cheaper alternative, try PS Bullseye. Not quite Escudo, but not a bad alternative!

Darkly, dwaugh and jpberg like this.
  5. Goat

Goat Active Member

I just read up on the Bullseye.... It gets some pretty good reviews and I trust recomendations from our forum members... I'm putting in an order for 4 ounces and give her a shot.

Thanks Capt.

6. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

You might want to order some LNF if you haven't tried that. For me, it's more like Escudo than LBF. I've smoked pounds and pounds of LNF and a few tins of Escudo. For some odd reason, I don't like Bullseye at all. I couldn't make it through my first 4 oz order of LBF and traded it off.

WyoBob

7. Goat

Goat Active Member

I was looking at that one too. Dang it, might just have to order both.

8. KMahoney

KMahoney Member

I've smoked a couple tins of Escudo. I just opened a tin of Hal O' the Wynd last week and only smoked one bowl but that bowl gave me the same cinnamon type flavor I get from Escudo as well. I have only had one bowl as I said but from that one bowl I thought the two tasted very similar and HOTW just looks like rubbed out Escudo.
    HOTW is available in bulk.

9. krusty

krusty Active Member

Escudo is certainly one that should be available in bulk. At least the tins stack well (-:
    I'll second WyoBob in that the LBF with it's little cavendish center doesn't really match up that well but the LNF is a great alternative, not a substitute mind but an alternative, for Escudo.

Hmmmm, only 5 tins left, must buy more...

10. Goat

Goat Active Member

Well, just orders about $125.00 worth of stuff. Wish I would have known about that HOTW.

Capt likes this.
  11. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

I completely agree. I love Escudo but it can get a bit pricey if it's an everyday smoke.

I find LBF is a bit like Escudo but much sweeter. LBF has cavendish, Escudo does not. LNF is also kind of similar but does not have the high perique content that Escudo does. In fact, I think it's kind of lacking in perique.

One of these days I intend on trying to blend my own Escudo match.

12. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I love Escudo but Telegraph Hill has won my VaPer heart. It is not available in bulk but it is in 8 oz tins. It is a fabulous VaPer. I have not opened any tins of Escudo since I started smoking Telegraph Hill. It is not a clone, it is different for sure. But it has a burst of that Perique spice that I love. JMHO.

Paul

13. Goat

Goat Active Member

Telegraph Hill huh......
    Might have to give that one a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.