1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

No One Knows About Corleone pipes?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by User3940, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User3940

User3940 Active Member

So disappointed that no one knows anything about Corleone pipes, they look nice. I had a chance to handle one and closely inspect it. Works seem nice, and the price is too.

Anyone.....anyone?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

3. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I saw them when I was traveling, and researched them. Turns out, they are made from rosewood. Because of this, they won´t last as long as an equivalent briar. The price tag seemed to be a bad value, in my cheap-butt opinion. I could have gotten a kaywoodie for their price, or for a little more, an entry level peterson. I´d go for one at the right price, but I have not found one there.

4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Did they make you an offer you can't refuse? (Take the cannoli, leave the pipe).

dmkerr likes this.
  5. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

This?

RTOdhner likes this.
  6. User3940

User3940 Active Member

The Corleone's that I saw ranged from $25.00 to $29.00 dollars. I looked at about 10 different models and all were extremely nice. I am not sure if they are made of Rosewood or not. The written description that I read says Rosewood finish but does not speak to the type of briar they are made from. At the price point they are asking I would not be heartbroken if it didn't last more than a few years. As active as I am I don't like taking some of my nicer pipes out with me (yes, I now have some nice pipes). I like my cobs but would welcome some variety when away from home.

I may just pop for one and then write a review from my NOOB perspective. Don't count on fancy terms like tenon, lucite, etc. May be more like: the round bit that sticks in the bowel :doh: , the mouthpiece, and how hard do ya half to suck. :byg:

BradNTX likes this.
  7. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I saw them around 45 dollars, for 25 I would have been tempted. My best advice is to get thick walled estate briars, they hold up well in the elements. Unless you run them over with a tractor. However, I am curious about these too.. ever see one with a finish that displays grain? THAT is what worries me the most. Brylon, or briar dust and glue (akin to pressed meer) does not have grain. If its a composite pipe... I would pass.

8. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

I have worked with Brazilian rosewood. It is one of the most desirable woods for carving. Very beautiful and manageable, but quite dense. It is much harder than cherry, so it should make a good pipe. Don't know about the taste, but it does not have to be stained.

9. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Them Corleones are nice lookin' pipes. Be a shame if sumpin happend to 'em....

RTOdhner likes this.
  10. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

The pipe sleeps with the fishes.

11. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.