1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

No Wonder I Can't Find Penzance

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by CaKy, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaKy

CaKy Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Followed a link in Phinz' sig over to tobaccocellar dot com and saw that Penzance is the third most cellared by container and second by weight. Everybody's hoarding the stuff.

Got bruises on my donkey from bootin' myself for not going through with the order at 4noggins the other night when I had it in my cart. When I went back, it was all gone.
    Alan Dye likes this.
  2. Sly2517

Sly2517 Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Why is it so hard to get? Why so popular?
  3. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Mar 2, 2011
    It is a very good tobacco, but it's caught up in an pipe-smoking-internet-forum-feedback-loop. It's scarce, so people buy it when they can... the harder it is to find (the more people post about trying to find it), the more people buy it when they can...
    Some people think It may be over hyped, but I really like it.
    gentimmy, Jussto and Buckshot like this.
  4. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I didn't want to like Penzance but I do. I was afraid to even try it because I didn't want to get attached to a blend that isn't available when I want more of it. I couldn't resist trying it and now that I have, I think it's a great blend. I'm still trying to convince myself that I don't like it but that simply isn't true. It's good stuff.
  5. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Jan 31, 2012
    I've never had it. Had the opportunity the get some a while back, but went with my old stand-bys instead. The reason I backed off was that I read somewhere that it was on the lighter side of the English tobacco spectrum. I smoke things like Irish Flake, Ten Russians and Stimulus Package mixed with a bit of Black XX for an extra kick. At this point, I don't think I could taste a light anything.

Maybe one day the stars will align and I'll have the opportunity to grab a tin and try it for myself. For now, I'm happy with the blends I have on hand.
    JRobert and psquared like this.
  6. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I smoke those heavy blends as well...but I sure di lkke some Penzance.
  7. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

May 5, 2011
    It is tasty stuff, very incense like, creamy rich smoke with no tongue bite. I wonder how much Penzance is actually smoked regularly versus being stashed away. I will admit to hoarding a bit myself, mainly because it is so scarce, but like most things that I have cellared in bulk, I don't really smoke it that often. If I find something I like that's available in bulk, I usually store up a couple of pounds, and then move on to trying new blends one tin at a time, planning to get back around to the good stuff in bulk later.
  8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2010
    It is 10 times better with at least 5-7 years of age on it.
    Spillproof likes this.
  9. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Anyone know why it is so scarce? Why can't they keep up with the demand?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.