1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

North of frog morton's woods

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jayson H Bucy, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

So I was down to about 1/2 a bowl of Frog Morton tonight but wanted to smoke a whole bowl so I loaded 1/2 a bowl of Northwoods and then put the rest of the Frog Morton on top. I thought that the sweet goodness and spice of the Frog would flow down into the Northwoods and beef it up...not so much. Would I have done better to straight mix the two? Or just smoke the 1/2 bowl and liked it?

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I'll take the second option. I really can't use Northwoods. Just nothing there IMO.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Well, you'll definitely get a different experience from layering two different tobaccos or "parfait"ing them, as we big famous pipe smokers call it, than if you mix the two and then pack. Some good, some bad in most of these combinations. I don't tend to mix my tobaccos much - I tend to think that the people producing them have taken care to offer something unique in doing so. That said, I mixed a sweet but flat tobacco (Ramsgate) with a punchy burley-based one (Kentucky Gold) and tamed the KG and made the Ramsgate more interesting, so sometimes you win....

4. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Gotta do something with those ringers that you find on Pipestud's site, eh Sas?

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

That's right! I'm running about 50/50 right now. The McClellands and Mac Baren's I've pulled in have been wonderful, but the Kentucky Gold was just too manly for me in the end. Ramsgate is so weird, and I have 8 oz to play with.... figured I'd blend a bit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.