Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Red Chocolate in the Baglan "Old Man" Meer.

2. Capt

Capt Active Member

What is Red Chocolate??????

Rewster66 likes this.
  3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

G'd eve pipers!

Todays bowls went like this:

PS LBF in a PSF POTY, :coffee:

AC Peterson Caledonian 466 in a Sunday Cob, mo :coffee:

ET Tilbury in a Tsuge 206

VS 1888 After Dinner in a Tsuge 223

ET Tilbury in a Pete Tankard

PS LBF + 1888 After Dinner (on top) Puffait;) in a WO Larsen blasted lovat brandy

And now

SG BBF in a Kaywoodie Gold Majestic

What a VA Buffet! :)

Ed
    Puff

telltime and Capt like this.
  4. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Dunghill Standard Mellow, Yuengling on the side. -David

IrishRover likes this.
  5. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

OGS in a cob - smoked slow this stuff is nice -n- sweet.

6. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Maple Street in a Kaywoodie Majestic. Thanks Rew! :puffy:

Rewster66 likes this.
  7. telltime

telltime Active Member

Even though I only had one bowl all day, I had a great day... Got lots done on a rare day off.

- Drove the kids to school this morning (wife normally does this)

- Got the wife's and my ID cards (military) renewed. This used to be such a simple task, but the Active Duty cards, while more "secure" are a bit of a pain now

- Helped the wife take a piece of furniture (a glider we used when the kids were babies) to the consignment shop

- Ate a great lunch all by myself... sat at the bar, two glasses of wine... no kids arguing, no wife (O.K. - maybe that last one wasn't great, but she had more errands to run and she knew I wanted to go shopping by myself for reasons explained in the next bullet)

- Got the wife's birthday (this Sunday) gift purchased and card picked out

- Stopped by the local B&M to pick up a few "supplies" and enjoyed the one *bowl I had while there

- Got two boxes of toby mailed to some fellow pipers to hold up my end of a trade

- Helped the boy finish his homework and then work on his Pinewood Derby (ALMOST DONE - race is this weekend!)

- Kids bathed, story read, tucked in...

*So what bowl did I have? The B&M's blend called "Woodsman" in one of my Dunhill Zulus (Coke Zero on the side). Here is their description:

Woodsman – Best described as an Oriental Cavendish, this mixture contains no Latakia but retains a round, rich flavor due to the Orientals and a special Virginia Cavendish combined with Black Cavendish to make a blend which satisfies smokers of many tastes.

I liked it enough that I think I may just pick up a pound and jar it up for March Meer Madness when I plan to participate with my (now) three meers.

IrishRover, ol gto, Rewster66 and 5 others like this.
  8. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

McClelland Christmas Cheer 2011 in a Pete 306

Capt likes this.
  9. Capt

Capt Active Member

Smoking my last bowl of the evening, Escudo. Just loaded the woodstove, waiting for it to get to temp to shut her air down so I can go to bed. Tomorrow is aother day of Dr appointments and maybe even get out and run the dogs.

Mark w4mms and telltime like this.
  10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Dev, that's probably bulk McClelland 2050, Oriental Cav. No lat. I like it too! ;)

Ed
    Puff

[qiuote="telltime, post: 225809, member: 985"]Even though I only had one bowl all day, I had a great day... Got lots done on a rare day off.

- Drove the kids to school this morning (wife normally does this)

- Got the wife's and my ID cards (military) renewed. This used to be such a simple task, but the Active Duty cards, while more "secure" are a bit of a pain now

- Helped the wife take a piece of furniture (a glider we used when the kids were babies) to the consignment shop

- Ate a great lunch all by myself... sat at the bar, two glasses of wine... no kids arguing, no wife (O.K. - maybe that last one wasn't great, but she had more errands to run and she knew I wanted to go shopping by myself for reasons explained in the next bullet)

- Got the wife's birthday (this Sunday) gift purchased and card picked out

- Stopped by the local B&M to pick up a few "supplies" and enjoyed the one *bowl I had while there

- Got two boxes of toby mailed to some fellow pipers to hold up my end of a trade

- Helped the boy finish his homework and then work on his Pinewood Derby (ALMOST DONE - race is this weekend!)

- Kids bathed, story read, tucked in...

*So what bowl did I have? The B&M's blend called "Woodsman" in one of my Dunhill Zulus (Coke Zero on the side). Here is their description:

Woodsman – Best described as an Oriental Cavendish, this mixture contains no Latakia but retains a round, rich flavor due to the Orientals and a special Virginia Cavendish combined with Black Cavendish to make a blend which satisfies smokers of many tastes.

I liked it enough that I think I may just pick up a pound and jar it up for March Meer Madness when I plan to participate with my (now) three meers.[/quote]

telltime likes this.
  11. user1975

user1975 Active Member

McC Blue Mountain in a Nording freehand.

12. Capt

Capt Active Member

It was paired with a Warre's Porto, but I ran out and made a nice hot cup o' Lapsang Souchong w/ a spoon of honey.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  13. Capt

Capt Active Member

You SHOULD be trying the JKP! lol

However, that Blue Mountian is a great smoke.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  14. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Ok Capt, you twisted my arm. I'll pop the tin, and smoke it next bowl. Do you think it needs much drying time?
    BTW, Escudo is a good way to end the day in my opinion... heck, it's good any time of the day!

15. Capt

Capt Active Member

Not really much needed. When you pop the top, inhale that aroma DEEPLY...... Hmmmmmm...

My favorite way to serve it up, is to cut thin strips off the plug on a paper cutter, then rub out. Depending on how you slice it up, it will take on different flavor profiles. If you do not have a paper cutter, just use a razor knife and shave thin bits off the plug.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  16. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Ok, I'll try doing that.. I have a box cutter, I guess that will work fine.

17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Starting the day at the crack of 19:00 hrs with a bowl of Irish Flake, that and the coffee should get my withered brain going, I hope.

ol gto and Mark w4mms like this.
  18. user1975

user1975 Active Member

If coffee and Irish Flake don't jump start you, nothing will!;)

IrishRover, ol gto and MacNutz like this.
  19. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

This is the theory and it seems to be working. It is a very strong cup combined with a strong bowl. One of them killem or curem thangs.

Rewster66 likes this.
  20. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Sillem's Red in a Dr.G Rhodesian.

Rewster66 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.