Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

WOL OF in the Jobey Band 200 finishing some left over Lake Placid Brewery IPA waiting for the Jets game tonight

2. deker

deker Member

.......and......it's smoking great, but I'm trying to get it broken in a bit before I put some good VA into it. So, while I enjoy the experience of smoking the pipe, the flavor is yet to come. I'm not a big fan of burly blends, but they are good to break in a burner from what I hear...

-d

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a man with a plan.

MacB Mix in a Pete 408, coffee and Vangelis on the tubes..........

4. Analog Bob

Analog Bob Member

Westminster in a Savinelli stacked billiard, Woodford Reserve bourbon with a touch of water. Bach cello suites on the stereo.

5. deker

deker Member

SG MVF in an MdP :)

-d

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Deker quit smoking those crappy American burleys in a Danish-style pipe! You'll WRECK IT! You'll foul the lines, burnout the motherboard, run out of oil...... sigh. You know, maybe it'll be okay, but I don't like burleys much. Perhaps I am just projecting again.

Grouse-moor in the Il Ceppo brandy. Couldn't do it all at once. That pipe un-mans me.

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Still snowing here...waiting on a batch of white chicken chilli with a bowl of SG SL in the Castello Old Antiquari Dublin

8. babysinister

babysinister Active Member

9. Wydeboi

Wydeboi Member

Prince Albert in my trusty Dr. Grabow Duke.

10. deker

deker Member

I don't like burlys either Sasquatch, but I figure that the briar taste during break-in might make the burly taste better :)

The next bowl in that pipe will be Orlik Golden Sliced. I'm TRYING to be good and let the pipe rest until tomorrow before I smoke it agian....

Now I'm going to sit down with a nice bowl of McB Honey & Chocolate mixed with some Boswell's Cherry Smash in a Boswell for a nightcap. What can I say? I've got a sweet tooth :)

-d

11. babysinister

Sasquatch, I thought that you liked burleys - isn't NF a BurVa blend? And McBaren Mixture is not a stranger to your bowl.

12. stummel bum

stummel bum Member

Smoking Anniversary Kake with a glass of egg nog. Lovely end to the hollidays.

13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Deker, I suspect that if you smoke a pipe every day for a month it might need a rest, but like you, I tend to greedily overuse a new pipe, and no harm seems ever to have come of it. Just tonight I smoked a bowl of Marlin in my still new Wiley, and I reach for it whenever I think I might get to sit down and enjoy it.

Ed, the Mac Burleys treat me differently. I can even enjoy London Burley Blend from them. But all the other classic burleys leave me wondering. They just seem harsh as hell to me. One reason I've never bought Roll Cake proper is that it has more burley than my beloved Club and Dark Twist. I suspect I'd like roll cake just fine, but you'll never see Old Joe Krantz or Barbury Coast on my tobacco order. I just can't get into burley. And it seems the serious burley fanciers poo-poo BLB and Navy Flake, so I suspect I'd be wasting my time doing much more exploring in that area.

I'm turning into an old Codger. I don't want nunna yer fancy new ****. Just gimme a bowl of Mixture and let me be!

14. Hitch

Hitch Member

Mixture of a generic vanilla and 'Grandpas' from Richs. Nice chagne of pace from english everthing. In my $12.50 GBD.

15. babysinister

Don't worry Todd, if you really were a codger then you would smoke only burleys, and have only one pipe. I never smoke straight burley blends, always mixed with something else. I use PA and CH to mix with blends which I like but are a bit too strong for me by themselves.

16. Maximus

Maximus Member

Escudo in a 408, coffee and the news

17. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Momoyama, vintage 2000, in a Stanwell horn. It is pleasant but not a miracle. Just because you can't get something doesn't make it a miracle (except Sobranie and Royal Yacht). Momo does remind me of a toned-down, kinder, gentler version of Royal Yacht for some reason.

18. OldAtHeart

OldAtHeart Member

McClelland's Christmas Cheer 2008 in a Grandi, while walking the dog in the woods. Temps below 20F this morning in central NC. BRR!

I'm not as impressed with this vintage of CC as I have been in the past. Is the consensus that this one isn't as good as previous years, or have I lost my taste for the McClelland flakes?? I'll have to pick up a tin of St. James Woods (a long neglected favorite) and see...

...Still love this Mario Grandi though!!

19. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

G&H Rum Flake this morning, in an old Ascorti Business KS billiard.

20. noflex

noflex Member

After dinner smoke is some #222 Flake(Paul olsen) in a Karl Erik grade A Bent, coffee on the side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.