1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'm celebrating this beautiful day, and a day off from work, by going for three bowls, back to back. First was Margate in the prince. Then Club Blend in the freehand sitter. Now I'm smoking Old Joe Krantz in the bent meer.

Three bowls in a row may not be a world record, but it's probably a porch record. :bing:

If I don't survive the experience, I would like to have all my pipes and tobaccos split up amongst the newbies in need

Edit...okay, I'm alive, but my tongue isn't liking this anymore. DGT time!

Rewster66, Motard and Lestrade like this.
  2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

A lot! I love the tin version and this is even better, probably due due best brown being the base.:puffy:

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

I would love to hear their response.

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

My tongue recovered. Now I'm near the end of a bowl of And So To Bed in the Ben Wade Canadian. Great blend, I still don't know whether I prefer it or Margate. Margate, of course, is a fuller blend in flavor and body, but this, while very mild in flavor, is a terrific blend in it's own right. Some on TR claim that it's moderately cased, some go so far as to call it an aromatic. I'm sure that, like most tobaccos, there is something added to the leaf to bring out the flavor and help tie it all together, but when it comes to it being an aromatic? Nothing I can detect. I suspect the aging process renders the VA in the blend somewhat fruity, as some good Virginia leaf may be, but I sure wouldn't call this an aromatic. Top notch English blend for those of us who prefer their latakia with a little restraint.

Despite the mild flavor, this blend doesn't rob you of a decent level of nicotine. It is a solid "medium" smoke. While I think the name is a bit misleading (as I generally prefer a rather stronger blend at the end of the day) it could easily be a good candidate for that last smoke before bed, especially for those smokers who prefer milder blends in general.

Lestrade likes this.
  5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nesta, If you like both, I say buy and smoke both. Especially since they are different enough that they offer pleasure in their own way. :th1:

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yes, I think in the future I will pass on the Penzance in favor of these two blends, both of which bring me more pleasure AND are easier to obtain. I like Penzance well enough, but frankly even though it's a well crafted blend it's just too heavy handed with the latakia for how my tastes generally lean.

7. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

I got a reply this afternoon. It was pretty short and to the point:

Dustin-
    Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, Briar Fox is a one of a kind blend.
    Regards,
    Chris

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Get some blending tobacco and add it yourself!

9. Motard

Motard Member

Billy budd in a MM patriot

10. SteveT

SteveT Member

Old Gowrie in a Bent Apple

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Had a departure from the Falcons
    just now. :eek: Shocking, isn't it.
    Some UK Scottish mixture in a
    Dunhill Chestnut.

jpberg likes this.
  12. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Grousemoor Plug in a Baglan Meer.

13. ken davis

ken davis Member

Well Im playing catchup with this post. When I first got home, I had SWR ina MM cobb straight, then had CH ina MM bent cobb.Now after dinner, Im having 3Ps ina Dr G Savoy

woody likes this.
  14. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

St. Bruno... in a 1/4 bent home made Dublin.

woody likes this.
  15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Evening,

SH Exotique in a Carey's Magic Inch. David, you completely missed the code this morning, did you notice the consumer confidence index today?

dwaugh likes this.
  16. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Three Nuns in an IL Ceppo chased with a Pepsi.:)

17. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Smoking a bowl of Scotty's Butternut Burley in my Savenelli 601 rustic churchwarden in memory of "Old Pipe Pops" from the YouTube pipe community, he has sadly lost his battle with cancer, a great guy who will be missed.:(

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Hal O' the Wynd. I think it's only the second or third time I've smoked this blend since I got a sample of it months ago in a trade with HCraven. This is good...no longer made with pure VA, and I can see why it would be tough to maintain this kind of flavor profile with just straight VA! This is good stuff, definitely more character than I remember. My palate is a little tired right now, though. I should have stuff with something I've got a lot of. I'll have to revisit this in a couple days, but I see some of this in my future. I do like it!

Crud.

19. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Classic Burley Kake in a Hackert cob.

Lestrade likes this.
  20. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Kendal Plug in a Sav 814EX

nesta and Lestrade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.