Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

GH Brown Flake "Unscented" in the Ben Wade billiard. Love this pipe and this leaf :puffy:

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

And now for my next trick, Condor Longcut in a Grabow Viking​

3. prole

prole Member

Deep Hollow out of a big, fat, custom Moretti poker.

Preacher1611 and dwaugh like this.
  4. ken davis

ken davis Member

3Ps ina MM hardwood

ol gto likes this.
  5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Just came in from a smoke of Five Brothers in the Savinelli Tevere prince. I like the Five Brothers, but for a while I was keeping it in the original pouch in my jacket pocket. Well, needless to say it got dried out really quickly being shag cut, and the tobacco got pretty well crushed up. So now it's in a zipper bag with a humidifying disk to keep it from further damage. Next pouch I open will be put in this setup immediately.

Good smoke. Five Brothers eliminates ghosts pretty darn quick. I've mostly used the prince for Lat blends in the past, but I got almost no latakia ghost in the smoke at all until the end. I'm gonna switch it over to a burley/VA pipe

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

So far a very nice smoke day . SWR w/ coffee in the am ... [2] Sutliff Barbados in a whitehall bent . A bowl of PA Choice in a Marxman apple . The day is far from over .... wanting to smoke some MB Mixture Flake in a huge Wiley ball tonight .. that would be freakin nice !

ol gto likes this.
  7. ol gto

ol gto Member

1-Q in a bent DG

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

In about 15 minutes from now it will be some vintage Sir Walter Raleigh in this guy:
    [​IMG]

9. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

H&H Anniversary Cake in my t-bear pipe. -David

TheKiltedOne likes this.
  10. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

The time here is 00:20 so its technicaly sunday morning and I just loaded up my Jobey with some G&H chery and Vanilla.

Im still not sure about the name Jobey for a pipe tho It just sound too much like somthing else for me to use in public:beyes:

ol gto likes this.
  11. ken davis

ken davis Member

CH ina MM Legend

ol gto likes this.
  12. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Iwan Reis Buttered Rum in MM CG chased with a cup of Maxwell House. Been a long couple of days but I've got my heels up now.

ruffinogold likes this.
  13. ken davis

ken davis Member

Pete University Flake ina DrGrabow Savoy

ol gto likes this.
  14. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Brigham Mr. B's Vanilla Maple in my Brigham 224. A nice late-afternoon smoke as the sun went down.

[​IMG]

Preacher1611, dwaugh and len smetona like this.
  15. len smetona

len smetona Member

Gold of Denmark in an old Sav 303 antique shell. I'm liking this toby.

16. len smetona

len smetona Member

jdto likes this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

That SWR is really nice. Has a subtle, fruity-fermentation type flavor to it that you don't normally find in burlies. Really different. Not mind blowing, but truly special in it's own way, and slow burning like you'd never expect from a normal OTC burley. The cut is a trip - flat little squares. I mean LITTLE. like someone peeled apart all the layers in the cubes from some PS Cube Cut. It was a really pleasant smoke, but I think I'll save the rest of the sample I was graciously given for warmer weather, when I might get a little more out of it.

Just finished another bowl of Five Bros. in the Tevere prince. Good stuff also, and with the cold wind the way it was going a nice, strong, quick smoking burley was just what the doctor ordered :)

18. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

That is a sweet pipe. Right now I got some CB white label in my gurgling no-name basket-briar. I'm still getting the measure of this pipe. Later, maybe some of my borrowed Boswell's Peaches and Cream in my Omega or something.

50rayj and ol gto like this.
  19. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

How ya likin that Buttered Rum !? I think it's off the map good :th1:

Waitin on the wife ... Jennifer and I are gonna slip outside for quickie smoke . I was wanting some MB in a huge Wiley but it's gettin cold out ... so , I'm thinkin some MCB in a Medico Crest Pot that I refinished . It's a smallish Pot and smokes very good . Or maybe a Kaywoodie 305 smallish billiard that was gifted to me from a PSF member . It's a nice smoker too !

Lestrade and Rewster66 like this.
  20. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

It was new to me until a little while back and I now consider it one of my favorite blends. It is kinda funny, I mostly lean towards VaPer's and VaBur's but when I find a good aromatic I try to stay with it and keep enough of it on hand.

Lestrade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.