Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prole

prole Member

Deep Hollow, Boswell poker

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Brebbia, Baileys on the side.

Rewster66, ol gto and Motard like this.
  3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

C&D Burley Flake #3 in my Dr. Grabow Omega. Haven't smoked this pipe in ages. It's a decent smoker.

Rewster66 likes this.
  4. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

UF in a general

5. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Just finished a bowl of Nightcap in a Dunghill. The puppies and my wife are sleeping:) -David

user2725 and Mount Mandolin like this.
  6. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

An "All-Canadian" smoke was the order of the day (even though the pipes are now made in Italy and the tobacco was blended in Germany):

[​IMG]

7. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Boswell's Peaches & Cream in my Peterson #303 African Meershaum...
    [​IMG]

Preacher1611, jdto and Mount Mandolin like this.
  8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Whoa, that is a cool pipe! You wouldn't happen to have a full-color picture of it would you? I've never seen one like that (and I own a smooth 303 briar, which I love very much, and I'm a bit of a 303 nut).

I just got done smoking some Hal O' The Wynd in my Savinelli Roma 626. Nice little pipe, fantastic tobacco. That's one of the top 5 Virginia's I've ever had; the taste is so nice, and the SMELL of that stuff when it's burning is what I would like my house to smell like all the time. Too bad tobacco smells turn kinda crappy once the smoke goes stagnant. But yeah, I love HOTW. I need to try some more Rattray's products, such as Old Gowrie and Red Rapparee.

jdto likes this.
  9. Mount Mandolin

A Dunghill? :xd:

Is that a Sasieni pipe? Also, are they Canadian pipes, or am I going nuts here, or what? I thought they were English.

jdto likes this.
  10. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

The pipe is a Brigham Algonquin 2-dot Bulldog #216

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  11. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Yeah, here you go, it is one of if not my favorite pipe, just the right size & shape, it hangs perfectly and smokes great...
    [​IMG]

Mount Mandolin and prole like this.
  12. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

That is one awesome lookin pipe BB... Thanks for sharing that pic! Smoking some SP Whiskey in one of my Legends.. Darn.. I need to get some more tobaccos..lmao

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  13. Mount Mandolin

Just had some Balkan Sobranie in my Peterson St. Patrick's Day Canadian. That pipe has a hell of a tall bowl on it, and it's taking me a good long time to get much of a cake built up. I think I'm making a bit of progress, though. I think it's about to be time for a cigar here in a minute, if I can stand to sit outside for that long smoking. I think it's in the mid-high 20's right now, but mercifully there's no wind, so I should be fine to smoke a cigar.

14. Mount Mandolin

Smoking some Nightcap in my Soren freehand, having been inspired by David's thread on that blend. And it's oh so good. :bing:

dwaugh likes this.
  15. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Baki.

Rewster66 likes this.
  16. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

P&W 400 in a Tinsky.

17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Just found a bit of CH that I thought was smoked. Loading the legend, just enough for one bowl. Pleasant surprise it is.

ol gto likes this.
  18. ol gto

ol gto Member

Lane 1-Q in a bent DG

19. Mount Mandolin

Having some Hearth and Home Larry's Blend for my breakfast smoke in my beloved Neerup bent sort-of-Dublin-sort-of-Egg. Such a tasty blend. Having that along with a nice, large mug of coffee and a bacon and egg biscuit from the diner up the road. Small pleasures are the nicest kind of pleasures.

I just read an interesting little tidbit about Samuel Gawith, whilst reading an article about Kendal, the town in Cumbria, England where said firm is located. Apparently, Samuel Gawith and Co. employ the oldest piece of industrial equipment still in production use in the entire world, a piece of equipment manufactured in the 1750's. Shame that they don't mention WHAT kind of equipment it is, but I guess we can have fun guessing. And since we were just discussing tins, I put forth the suggestion, here and now, that perhaps it's the piece of equipment they use to tin their tobacco. Interesting stuff.

user2725 and Rewster66 like this.
  20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning All,
    I'm gonna have Shortcut to Mushrooms in my Brebbia Brasil with my black coffee on the way to work this morning. It's been awhile since I had STM, maybe 2-3 weeks. I'm looking forward to it!

Paul

user2725 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.