1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Uhle's #00 Burley again in Lars of Denmark with Raspberry White Tea as a chaser.:)

Old Codger likes this.
  2. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

McClelland #22 in a DG Omega.

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

BBF in a Baki while grilling beer bratwurst. Boiling would have (b)een (b)etter for consonance sake, but yech!

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  4. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Classic Samsun in my dad's old meer.

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Uncased from the farm red burley in a stanky old cob. Man, this stuff is a mule kick, ala Five Bros! I also think I notice a shift in tin note and burn quality in these past 18 months...interesting.

Rewster66 likes this.
  6. Motard

Motard Member

Don't be, I've only got 2 flakes left...

RLP 6 in a MM patriot

Lestrade likes this.
  7. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Sillem's Black in a Paykoc Skull Meer.

Rewster66 and user2725 like this.
  8. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Absolutely appropriate.

Carter Hall in the bent MM Legend. I feel like I've been neglecting my cobs. That simply will not do.

9. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Bulwark.....in one of these:)
    [​IMG]

Snake, Dunlibi, Preacher1611 and 3 others like this.
  10. Scottly

Scottly Member

SG Kendal plug in a straight MM CG

Rewster66 likes this.
  11. Jammer

Jammer Active Member

G&H Dark Flake in a Peterson Donegal rhodesian

12. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Peter Stokkebye's B&B in my straight Falcon.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Squadron Leader in the Trevi 114ks. Not bad...but....no matter how many times I come back to it, I can't quite seem to get the hype. Sure, it's a pretty nice blend...but....I'd take RRR or Margate over it pretty much any day of the week.

Edit: Still, I really like the subtle sweetness of the stuff!

Dunlibi likes this.
  14. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Nightcap in a Comoy Oom Paul.

15. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I believe I agree with you, although I too very much appreciate the subtlety. I buy it in bulk at this crappy mall tobacco shop, believe it or not, although I have tried the tinned variety as well (and find them to be identical). I was expecting it to blow my doors off with the way everyone talks about it, but it was not to be. I can think of several other English/Balkan mixtures I'd rather have. Still haven't tried RRR, unfortunately, dying to get some of that. And Margate, you say? I have seen that on the shelf at the store and thought about buying it, but I have yet to pull the trigger.

As for me, it's Solani 660 Silver Flake in my brand spankin' new Northern Briars Banker! It's a Premier grade, his highest grade, with a brindle stem, and I just love it to pieces. It's a really gorgeous pipe, and it feels very nice in the hand or between the teeth. The brindle vulcanite tends to mark up easily from my teeth, but whatever, that's how that stuff goes, and I'd much rather have vulcanite than acrylic any day. These pipes are 100% hand made, including the stem, and they are truly special pipes. Ian Walker is the fellow's name, and he actually made the pipe for the British Pipe Smoking Championship recently, 50 pipes that had to all be exactly identical, all by hand. Very impressive, I think. And the prices are literally half of what a Dunhill costs, or for the same prices as this NB that I got, you could get a heavily used Dunhill, and based on the craftsmanship, aesthetics, and everything else, well, it's a no brainer to me. I believe I have a passionate new love in the world of English pipes with Northern Briars. I'm planning on making a thread with pictures later on, but I wanted to blather about it for a minute because it's so nice. :blah: :sh:

Oh yeah, and it smokes SO well. I just put it down for at least five minutes without touching it, and I picked it back up and took a few pulls, and boom, the ember fired right back up! Didn't even have to relight it after setting it down to write that long ass post. Good god, what a great buy.

Preacher1611 likes this.
  16. ken davis

ken davis Member

C&D Nighttrain in the Pete shamrock..............g'night y'all

17. Texvet

Texvet Member

Reserve 1928 in a new Peterson St Patty's special pipe. I stepped right into the Tinderbox St Patrick's Day promotion trap, and glad I did! I also got my choice of a tin of the Peterson Tobac. I chose Golden Blend - that stuff is too rich for my novice palate. But, I am digging the 1928..

18. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

My first time with Erinmore Flake in my rescued Brigham.

[​IMG]

19. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

One of those days. Decided that the car needed an oil change since it was due and then didn't move for the past couple of months. Friends dropped by for a bit and enjoyed trying out some of the tobaccos that have recently arrived. Went back to finishing the oil change and carefully put in 5 litres of oil without spilling a drop. Closed the hood and stepped in to the puddle of oil that results when one doesn't screw the plug back in to the pan. Ah, well, a few bags of kitty litter will soak that up overnight, so I'm just really enjoying sitting back with the Peterson Silver Spigot Apple full of Frogmorton on the Bayou. There's a bottle of Laphroaig around here someplace that needs finding.

20. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Uhle's #00 Burley in a cob. I need it to cam me down, just got back from another funeral I had to preach and I'm worn out.

ruffinogold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.