1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

GLP Robusto in a Peterson Celtic 69

2. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

Dondi, you do seem to love that Robusto!
    I'm looking forward to cracking open a tin of something when I get home this evening. I polished off the last of my opened tin of Red Rapparee last night. But what to open?

3. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Yep! I had two bowls of aromatics earlier today - K&K 2010 Limited, followed by Erinmore Mixture, but the day didn't seem complete without smoking a bowl of English...

I jarred half of my tin of Robusto, debating whether to take the jar out and finish it all, or to open another English to try - I've got a tin of Spilman Mixture begging to be opened!

4. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Still holding true but we've switched the pipe to a Radice Bark Billiard and the weed to PS LTF

5. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I think you'll enjoy Spilman Mixture if you've never had it before, Dondi. Mine benefitted greatly by sitting for a week open, but with the plastic lid on.

It's an interesting coincidence that while you're wanting to have some Spilman, I'm taking a little break from Spilman to re-evaluate Presbyterian. I didn't much care for Presbyterian straight out of the tin, but the tin has been opened and sat for a month with the lid back on. This made a huge improvement and I earnestly enjoyed the bowl I had last night because I couldn't sleep.

Bri2k
    (now smoking Boswell's Pennsy Dutch Treat in the Kaywoodie canadian - rough day, need a gentle blend)

6. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

smoking 1792 in the new orlik double bore pot. two observations: first, a lot of people told me double bores are just a gimmick that does nothing for the smoke but this is one of the best smokes i've had in a previously unsmoked pipe, and despite the fact that the tobacco was a soaking wet flake its been considerably drier than a lot of my pipes that have been properly broken in. second, smoking 1792 in a wide bore pipe with a massive smoke hole is like the first time i smoked it all over again, the flavor and nicotine came across like the first time i lit a bowl of this fantastic weed.
    i think more orliks may be in my collection in the future, so far i'm 2 for 2 great smokers, and the pipe bag and box look cool as all get out.

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

I'm winding down after a long day at the office, McC #22 in a Pride cob, lots of coffee on the side!

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Century natural in a kings cross . Burned through the Century real quick will get more next tad .Had some SWR in a cob as well and Some Larsen Tradition in my dunhill innertube ... that was fantastic ! After dinner it's gonna be some Golden Extra in a huge wiley ball ..... oh yeah

9. Burner

Burner Member

C&D After Hours in a diplomat.

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Finishing up my evening with the kitchen blend of PA/CH/Cherry in a Kaywoodie canadian.

Bri2k

11. noflex

noflex Member

Mac Baren HH Mature Virginia in a Stanwell blowfish, Pepsi-max on the side.

12. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

My mix of 40/40/20 CH/PA/McC 5105 in the Falcon, Mickey's big mouth to keep it real.

13. Marc

Marc Active Member

I am burning through my fourth bowl of Red Virginia in my Pride cob, back to back bowls.

14. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Dammmmmmnnnn....

15. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Louisiana Red in a Stanwell HCA.

16. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Tordenskjold Virginia Slices in the Tsuge, then back to work (lord I hate excel today)

17. stummel bum

stummel bum Member

Some of my Gitmo Sunrise in a grabow riviera.

18. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

Couldn't decide on a new tin to open, so i ended the day with Irish Oak in my LaRocca Gigante (since I had it out to take pictures anyway). That was a l-o-o-o-n-g smoke. Good thing I started earlier than last eve!

19. stummel bum

stummel bum Member

On to bullseye flake and bourbon.

20. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

black xx twist in a clay tavern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.