Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Enjoying the b-day off...Union Square in my Peterson Killarney 80s.

2. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Many happy returns, Yin Yang. I hope you enjoy your special day.

Right now I'm enjoying a kitchen blend of CH/Cherry/Santee in a Kaywoodie canadian.

3. rusty

rusty Member

Condor long cut in my Alco.

4. Thesneetch

Thesneetch Member

Just went down to the local tobacco shop and bought a tin of Mac Baren's London Burley. Great stuff! I'm still new to this, and I've definitely picked out some of my favorite blends that I have been smoking on for the last couple of weeks or so. Most of the blends are a combination of tobaccos, so I still lack the knowledge about which tobacco flavors in them appeal to me. After smoking this London Burley blend, I can safely say that it is the burley that I am so fond of. This is the common flavor in all of my favorites. I love the nutty, grassy, chocolatey taste of the burley. This one is mixed with a smidge of Virginia to sweeten things up a touch. Highly recommended, though by a noob, so I guess you should take my recommendation with a grain of salt!

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

the sneetch made me hungry for burley so i'm a smokin some of the 15 year old MacB LBB in the new devonshire. he's like liminal advertising.

6. ryan65

ryan65 Member

london mixture in my preben holm

7. Thesneetch

Thesneetch Member

Haha, sorry to do that to you. Sounds tasty though.

8. yinyang

Escudo in the Stannie...about to find out if it's good for a short 'road trip' smoke.

Bri2k-

Thanks, BTW.

9. yinyang

Wow, I'm smoking, ALOT...or no one else is posting.

Anywho- Escudo is damned good for a clear your head type of drive. Yeay!

Moving on- Plumcake in a cob...Colt .45 Black 24oz. to celebrate another year on this rock.

10. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Speaking of Burley.........

C&D Vintage Burley Flake #2 making a MM Country Gent "warm"! Wonderful toby! Wonderful pipe! What a combo!

Yummylishusss!

Or, uhhhhhh

[que "Homer Simpson voice dub"]

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Burley in a cob........

11. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Yes you are but its your b-day so who cares, its YOUR day. But seriously Yin, a colt 45? At least splurge and get some MD 20/20 on your b-day.

Anyway - Penzance in a falcon, Buffalo Trace burbon to compliment it ;)

12. Bobby 151

Bobby 151 Member

RRR in a Boswell,sorta an Omm Paul,but not really. First go with this tobac in at least 20 years,not too bad,need more time with it.....Yanks on the tube.... ;)

13. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

H&H Stogie in a Bang Billiard - jury is still out for me on this blend. So far I am not getting much more than an ashy taste. This is the second time I've tried it. May have to try it in a meer to better get a handle on its flavor.

14. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Whoa,,, flashback..... You mean to tell me Mad Dog 20/20 is still around????

Escudo again in a Stanwell Ivarsson. Lagunitas Undercover Shutdown Ale in a frosty mug. Strong baccy/Strong Ale = :goodjob:

15. yinyang

To you and Andrew-

Of course it is! Cheap booze is never out of style! Hence, my choice of Colt .45! Now, goin' old school, I could always get a handle on some moonshine...but then, the missus would (once again) show me who's boss! (By drinking me under the table.)

CH in my Falcon.

16. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

they didn't stop making it, you just reached an age where you could purchase your own tobacco and stopped buying it. 17 year olds have been drinking that koolaid flavored everclear since roman times and will continue to do so after we've learned to build artificial planets.

oh yeah, trying to chainsmoke my 1792 in the orlik since apparently the PandC order from last night will be here tomorrow... hurray quick shippin

17. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Thanks for posting your thoughts re Escudo vs Medallions! I've got unopened tins of both - will do my own taste test soon.

Now smoking my custom blend of Spilman and GLP Robusto in an Aran bent billiard.

18. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Just finished some PS Luxury Bullseye Flake in a Wellington billiard, cruisin in my Subaru.

19. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Morning,

Smoking a bowl of Larry's Blend in the Wee Heavy with a side of coffee.

Z

20. Barako

Barako Member

Nat Sherman 536 on a Pete Kinsale XL17, watching Rathbone's "The Scarlet Claw"(1944), his pipe looks like a Pete System 305 B)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.