1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

2 parts drugstore burley, 1 part black and gold cavendish in an old falcon--little warm but with slow smokin' actually pretty good for inexpensive tobacco

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

P.S. Bullseye in a huge Wiley ball . 4th bowl of this stuff today and now that it's almost gone I'm really digging it .

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

St. Bruno in the laxey meer. no real opinion on this stuff yet, its my type of tobacco but i dont yet know if its a tobacco "for me". sure as hell it kicks like a mule nic wise, right up there with the irish flake, and it sets its own pace, smoke too fast and it drowns itself, so its a valuable training aid for me (oddly doesnt bite though). may be better in a falcon though, so i'll wait for a definitive opinion til the falcon arrives. good flavor to it though, even if its unconventional even for a floral/lakeland.

4. Barako

Barako Member

Thanks Snake, that is also what I've heard and read about Glenfiddich. As for the Glenmorangie, the Quinta Ruban is also available here so will give it a go. Appreciate you sharing your knowledge on the matter, will be sure to ask you if I have any other Qs. :cheers:

Nat Sherman 536 in a Pete Rosslare royal irish 221, coke zero on the side

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

MacBaren Club Blend in a Forever Stem'd MM Washington w/hot coffee to wash.

I used to smoke MacBaren toby exclusively. So this'll be like "coming home" for me. Hope so anywayz! :cheers:

:thumbsu:

Ed Puff!

6. Barako

Barako Member

Nat Sherman 509(dark cured cavendish) in a Big Ben Barbados, Macallan 12 yr on the side. Previously had a Nat Sherman 314(Golden Cavendish)in an Altinok Meer. These 2 aromatics aren't bad, nice flavor even, but I prefer the 509. 536(English) is still my favorite though. Everything goes well with single malts :thumbsu:

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

SG Golden Glow was a dissapointment. Smoked in my VA dedicated Sav, it gave
    minimal taste, except for some ash. Aroma was decent, but Union Square makes
    this one call for it's mum! Hope the other SG's aren't like GG. As usual, though,
    I will give this a few more bowls (maybe in my meer) before throwing it on the
    C&D pile. Luckily, I brought backup to work:

Caledonian melange 10 (Highland Cream) in my Bjarne. Starting to really like
    this pipe that I didn't give a chance to before. Used to smoke super hot.

dp

8. rusty

rusty Member

Golden virginia in a roll up :thumbsu: Old habits die hard eh? But I am letting my condor filled meersham lined, not sure what the pipe is called? rest a bit, just needed a nicotine hit.

9. Puff The Magic

McB Va#1 in a Forever stem'd MM Washington (yes, another Washington! :) ) and more coffee!

Adpipes, I've had great experience with all 3 (but there's 4 of them!). PS Bullseye Flake, Luxury Twist Flake, and Luxury Navy Flake are all real good. Three Star rated on TR. I've not much experience with the Luxury Curly Cut. May have to go "a-huntin' ;)" for some! I'm not saying you'd like all of them but if you like one, you'll probably find enjoyment in all.

Snake, GG is somewhat "attenuated" and I find it to pale against its bigger bro (FVF). For what it is, I'd buy more but I'm awaitin' for the bulks to hit then I'll move in for the "kill"! :)

:velho:

Ed Puff!

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Thanks, Puff. Hopefully, another pipe will offer the answer. I bought
    5 different tins from SG, and it's my first go at them, so I'll mix and
    match to see if something clicks. Cheers!

dp

11. Chevauleger

Chevauleger Member

McBaren Plumcake in a Peterson System 305.

12. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Scottish Cake in a Stanwell HCA. :velho: Listening to Blind Pilot.

:)

13. krusty

krusty Active Member

Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme in a Westbrook.

T'would appear decorum requires a drink note so coffee here.
    2nd pot o' the morning and the 3rd bowl. Just trying to avoid the honey-do list!

14. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Drama Reserve in a Stanwell 63M. This is some tasty stuff. It smells wonderful while your packing and when the smoke is wafting up from the bowl. It starts off a bit sour, but a third of the way down it gets just sweet enough. Actually kind of reminds me of honeydew, not the taste itself, but the way the taste tastes, if that makes any sense. The sweetness is there, but not overtly so, you could almost overlook it if you tried.

15. adryazad

adryazad Member

Planta Golden Vanilla in my Peterson Bent... with Iced Green Tea on the side

Friend gave me this tobacco to try.. but i don't really like it.burns slightly too hot for me to savour the flavour if any..

I think i'll still to sillem's red

16. Sasqets

Sasqets Member

FMOTT in a Falcon Shillelagh before leaving for work.

17. Stoked

Stoked Member

Orlik Golden Sliced in Savinelli bulldog. Yes I could have said OGS, but I just like saying "golden sliced"! [​IMG]

18. Puff The Magic

MacB Club Blend in a 4evah stem'd MM Washington (yep, I gotz a bunch o'washingtons!:) )

Decided to do a little more work and cleaned up the bird feeders and throw some grass patch repair for the nekked spots.

Since I worked so much already, I decided I deserved another bowl! :cheers:

So I rewarded myself with:

G,H & Co. Rum Flake in a MM Dane Egg that's wearing a "Puff modded" MM Freehand stem. AWSUMM!

Now it's nap time! :thumbsu:

:velho:

Ed Puff!

19. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Escudo in a Stanwell HCA.

Congrats to Spain :thumbsu:

20. ryan65

ryan65 Member

FVF in my crown viking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.