1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Germain Brown Flake in a Sav.

2. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

see attached picture. st brunos is a much better smoke in the falcon, one wonders what the point of st brunos was before the english went all chicken tikka on these doctor who inspired nicotine delivery devices.

anyone know what model bowl this is and if it comes in meerschaum/meer lined? as much as i hate to admit it this is a great pipe. even if it does make rosie odonnell's effigy carved in purple brylon sound attractive. not a bad score for 8 pound 50p shipping inclusive

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

... guess i'm the only one smoking or the internet went down everywhere else.

any rate, ran two more bowls through the "new" falcon back to back to see what kind of punishment it would take, smoking at a slightly amped up version of my usual aggressive pace, one bowl fresh out of the tin FVF and one sopping wet irish flake. it performed admirably, burning both to light grey ash without tamping and burning to the bottom on about two lights each. the humidome was a brown lake afterwards and had actually started leaking out the top of the threads but it smoked just fine. i have to hand it to these pipes, they aren't the most flavorful or the coolest looking i've ever burned but damned if they can't take some serious abuse.

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Told you so Liam! That's why they were so poular in Britain with it's damp climate and moist tobacco - I'll post a pic that shows where you can smoke a Falcon when sod all else will even consider giving you a drag!

Think the shape you have is an Algiers - one of the best all round Falcon bowl shapes for any kind of tobacco.

Me, it's one of those mornings makes you feel good to be alive here in Northumberland, had breakfast with the patio doors open and am just heading out to the deck with Sas's Peinaar loaded to the gunnels with Winter Heartbeat a viginia cigar leaf and deertongue blend which just goes perfectly with this pipe.

Good morning gents and have a good one

Gerry

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

mixed GLP Robusto and Spilman mixture in a Peterson Celtic 69... still too early for the single malt [​IMG]

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Falcons on the West Highland Way in one of the wettest summers on record - apologies for going off topic,

Gerry

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Damn, Gerry, reading your stuff almost makes me feel good, now if it weren't for this wee hangover...

P&W 400 in a Squatch pot, black coffee.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Escudo in a Tsuge (no, it's not a cob!) :thumbsu:
    and hot coffee to wash & wake up.

9. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Great pics Gerry!!!!

Daybreak in a Stanwell Acorn. :thumbsu:

10. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Morning all, 2010 (from the box pass) in a Nording Hunter '06 :cheers:

11. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Morning,

I decided I needed to break out of my current tobacco rotation and get back to where I started. I am enjoying a bowl of Anni Kake with a side of coffee.

Z

12. Barako

Barako Member

After dinner Nat Sherman 536 in a Pete Irish harp bent bulldog, Glenmorangie Orig on the side

13. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

5 Bros x CH in a Banded MM Diplomat / Forever Stem (p-lip just for the haters) :cheers:

14. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Germain Brown Flake in a Comoys Guildhall with a cup of Earl Grey.

15. Puff The Magic

SG Golden Glow in a Savinelli "King's Cross" (yeah, it's a non-cob) sorry to disappoint :velho: Ice water to rinse.

:cheers:
    Ed Puff!

16. Stoked

Stoked Member

2015 in a freshly sweetened Savinelli bulldog. Oh yeah, nothing like a cleaned pipe...

17. adryazad

adryazad Member

Smoking Mac Baren Cube Gold with Iced Tea on the side

ok i take back saying Mac Baren Cube Gold tastes like pesticide..

towards the end of the bowl, the smoke cools and creamy fruitiness emerges.. which is not bad...

18. Puff The Magic

HOTW in a Tim West "Twin" bent freehand w/ice water to rinse.

That sure is a great VA! :velho:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!

19. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Maple Street in a MM great dane spool.

20. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

PA in a Kaywoodie 500 billiard. Trying to figure out what to have for supper and decide which is the lesser of two evils hot dogs or baloney?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.