Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hagbard

hagbard Member

SOTE in some weird briar I don't have words to explain but which I really like. /Can of Schlitz.

It's about 98 Degrees here with a dew point of about 97. The tobacco appears to be swimming in the bottom of the bowl.

If this weather doesn't break soon I'm going to have to file a class action suit against God for the gross negligence of this weather.

2. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

More Captain. :whistle:

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

X2, but worse IMO is that I actually know of a few amublance chasers that actually WOULD file that lawsuit on your behalf.

C&D Purple Cow in a Tim West best ball...I've come to the personal realization that I much prefer this blend over GLP Robusto.

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Big assed Cuban Cohiba. Because I'm special. Dear Lord this is magical.

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Pa in an MM CG, Twinings and Foghat on the tubes.

6. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Relaxing with some Frog Morton in a Pete. Weekend was not what was advertised, but what are you gonna do...

7. hagbard

hagbard Member

5 Bros. in the same weird briar. My brother came by earlier with a can of Fosters the size of a kettlebell so that just came outta the freezer and is sweating beside me.

And what's the story with 5 Bros. any way? It's a finer cut than most cig tobacco.
    Honestly though, it's pretty nice. What's there to offend anyone? :dunno:
    Smokes smooth and easy. No fuss. I like not having to screw with things to make them work. makes the bowl hot though. Burns pretty fast.

Edit:

Don't EVER inhale 5 Bros!:sick:

8. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Hi there gang!

We drove up to Cedar Grove Access on the Current river this AM...met with Jay Nixon and his wife. He's the Governor of Missouri and a supporter of our Stream Team program. They, with a few aides and a couple of big-wigs from MDC and MoDNR are doing a day-float on the river, but he wanted to meet the "shakers and movers" of the program...they let me come too. :whistle:

Jay seems like a down-to-earth sort, and his lovely bride is a sweetheart...she made over our Boston, Poleigh Esther, like they were old buddies. Fun to see the First Lady of Missouri on her knees on the gravel bar, loving on our pup. Pat has been feeling rough of late...her legs are really bothering her, so we passed on the invite to float with them...would have been cool though.

Instead, I drove a bit into the trophy trout area....Pat sat in the river on a folding chair and read...I wandered upstream with the fly rod. Wasn't too long and I hooked a sweet 16" brown...gave her a kiss and sent her on her way. I sat a while on the gravel bar with some Fairmorn Sterling Balkan in one of my Bear's Dens, sipping a Dr. Pepper, then headed back down river. We got home a bit ago to a nice rain shower....wonder if the "Gov" got wet...... :sick:

Sitting here with Condor/5100 in the wee meer billiard and the usual DP, enjoying the cool sweet smell of the after-rain breezes. :bing: :dunno: :bing:

9. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Guess I forgot the disclaimer on that one...lol... :dunno:

SG MVF in a Brebbia 301

10. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Balkan Flake in a Bjarne billiard. Back on a lat kick lately.

11. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Samarra in a J. Hackert. :dunno:

12. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Dunhill Aperitif in a MM/Walker churchwarden,Twinings on the side and Thin Lizzy on the tubes.

13. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Germain Special Lat Flake in an IMP Acorn Meer...now this...is devine :thumbsd:

14. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Blender's Gold: Rich Vanilla. Been on an OTC spree.

15. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Fired up some C&D Strawberry Cavendish in my official "tasting" pipe - an Ismet Bekler dragon meer.

The Verdict: YUMMY! This is simply the best aromatic I've tasted so far, in my short life as a piper, and the baccy + the meer seems to be a match made in heaven! Definitely an experience worth repeating :thumbsd:

16. erickghint

erickghint Member

Blend 42 in my Bjarne Viking.

17. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Red Cake in a cob. These are gonna be seeing more action soon, supposed to be muggy as all hell this week.

18. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

C&D Berry Good in my Ismet Bekler meer... it's tasting much better than it did last night in the Plumb Dinky Nine [​IMG] musta been the ghost in the briar that did it.

Anyways, the berry flavors are coming out much brighter in the meer, a hint of spice once in a while, but there's still that lingering cloying taste. I suspect it comes from the Green River Vanilla which makes up part of this blend. To be confirmed when I open up the GRV pouch.

19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

P&W 400 in a Caminetto.

20. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Drama Reserve in the 63M with a cup of Earl Grey before it gets too hot and humid today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.