1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justMike

justMike Member

Rattray's Old Gowrie, in my new Pete 999

you know how good that first bowl in a while feels...?? Imagine what it'd be like when it's the first in 25 years...

:hang3:

2. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Just landed from an English flight together with Ben and his Benriachs. We met up so I could give him his 6 sampler pouches, and I ended up trying three of them!

First bowl was C&D Pirate Kake in an Aran 69, BenRiach Maderensis Fomosus on the side. I thought that Pirate Kake was going to be a lat bomb, but not to be. I find that the burley mellows down the lat effect. The single malt, which had been aged in madeira barrels, was intensely complex!

Second bowl was C&D Billy Budd in a Celtic 69, BenRiach Heredotus Fomosus on the side. WOW! This is a combination for the ages!! The cigar leaf in Billy Budd gave just the right amount of spice to partner with the tantalizingly sweet smokiness of the single malt, which had been aged in sherry barrels. Awesome! [​IMG]

Third bowl was BenRiach Maderensis Fomosus in a Tinsky bent billiard, GLP Odyssey on the side. Hic! Or was it the other way round? Either way, it was a great way to end a couple of hours spent shooting the breeze with a fellow piper. [​IMG]

3. rodobobthebrit

rodobobthebrit Member

I'm slowly coming round to Peterson's university flake, had some thismorning before breakfast and may have another before lunch... :hang3:

4. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Morning,

I am stuck in a rut and enjoying one last bowl of bald headed teacher in the peterson.
    Side of ethiopian coffee.

Z

5. rodobobthebrit

rodobobthebrit Member

Possibly one of the best tobacco names I've ever heard. :thumbsu:

6. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

WOL OF in a CAO meer watching this little bugger
    climb around and change colours:

[​IMG]
    camera phone = crappy pics.

Aberlour 12 on the side. cheers

dp

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Good morning all.

Puffing 5100/110 in the Lady meerschaum and sipping a Cappuccino.....life is good!

8. rodobobthebrit

rodobobthebrit Member

Sweet jumping Jehovah that is a big bugger! Praying Mantis of some kind?

9. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

MB Acadian Perique in a Rusticated Cavicchi.

:thumbsu:

10. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Holy crap its humid!

P&C Marble Kake in a MM Diplomat.

11. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Great shot, even if it is a little fuzzy.

PA in a cob.

12. Barako

Barako Member

Nice afternoon with the English/Balkan Blends. The variety really opened my eyes to what's out there. Got to try a few of Dondi's samples

Mississippi Mud - smoked in a Castello Sea Rock Dublin, strong flavorful smoke, the smoky latakia and the spicy perique makes itself known from the start in what is like a battle for supremacy, there is a certain sweetness probably from the black cavendish which seems to hold the 2 together, midbowl to finish the perique wins out and the latakia is in the background, strong Vit N, was buzzed a little but thoroughly enjoyed it. I let Dondi start with the BenRiach and wanted to taste this on it's own.

Key Largo - smoked in a Dunhill ODA 835 Straight billiard, nice blend of latakia, virginia and cigar leaf. While the earthy, smoky latakia is always there, this blend is dominated by the cigar leaf and really feels like you're smoking a cigar, strong spice and all. Loads of Vit N, quite an experience. BenRiach Heredotus fumosus on the side

Super Balkan - smoked in a Dunhill shell billiard, very nice blend of virginia, orientals,latakia, burley and perique. No flavor seems to dominate and it is a mellow smoke until you get to the last 1/3 where the perique kicks in with it's piquant flavor until the end. BenRiach Maderensis fumosus on the side.

Thank you Dondi for sharing your loot with me, till next time.

On reaching home, smoked Epiphany in a Sav Siena 320 KS, nice blend of Va, Burl, Lat and Per, The virginia and perique seem to dominate with the Lat in the background. Spicy enjoyable smoke. Macallan 12 on the side

now smoking Pirate Kake in a Pete Irish Harp bulldog, smooth, earthy, leathery almost an all latakia show with only hints of spice and sweetness from the turkish and burley leaf. Even though it may be one dimensional, it is a flavor that I really like and I love this :thumbsu: . Ice water on the side

[attachment=925:IMG_5368.jpg]

13. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

PS LNF in a MM Legend w/'60's vintage MM saddle stem, hot coffee.

followed by another round of the same!

Just now was JLP VaSq in a Tsuge 223, iced h2o.

Nice morning! Have a great one!

:thumbsu:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

14. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

5100 in a cob. Didn't get as humid as I thought it would, but still enjoying my cobs.

15. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Black Cavendish in my Yello Bolle Imperial, Sweet ice tea, Dreamtheater, Awake blasting.

16. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

5100 Red Cake in a Cavicchi Rustic. Schweet!

17. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

HOW Barking Dog in a G. Jensen #51 :)

18. ted

ted Member

Just ordered from C & D 1/2 pound of Bayou Morning (wonderful perique red Virginia mix) plus 4 two oz. samples...032/Black & Tan/ plus two "surprise me" samples...ted

19. Puff The Magic

H&H Burley Buttered Rum in "Monica" Tinsky (nekked coral, author), iced h2o.

Sort of a chocolatey finish, nice burley/butternutty flavor from start to finish with a touch of chocolate in the end, fine gray ash w/very little dottle (probably my fault for not smoking it down to the nubbins), nice smoke and nice burner!

:)
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

20. Puff The Magic

Sorry, it wasn't from H&H, it's from "Scotty's Bulk Blends" (P&C).

:)
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.