1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Morning,

Oh Be Joyful, a Tewksbury $ Co blend flavored with rum and vanilla, in a straight acorn cob. Coffee on the side.

Z

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

McCranie's '96 RF in a large IMP Bent Billie meer, hot tea, DGT'in this one throughout the day............rainy & cold.........may as well! :)

Sippin' now

McB CB in a Wiley freehand, more hot tea

A rainy day in Maryland................a Virginia day in the bowl! :)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

3. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Temp now just at freezing. Had a great smoke of SG's Chocolate Flake in my La Strada Pico.. Hot coffee still brewing..:thumb:

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

A Va day in Maryland..........

Revisited the Lg IMP meer w/ McCr RF............very nice!

Finishing up McB CB in the Wiley, very nice! About 6 coins all ball'd up and dropped & burned...........wonderful smoke, great room aroma, well behaved in the bowl, tastee!

Next up

2 bowls :)

JLP Quad Va in a Stummel Bum (our own) Nosewarmed (short stem)

And

GAF folded & stuffed in a DH Quaint (1)

This ought to be good!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

5. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

Have some kashmiri chai steeping, getting ready to load the Punto Oro with...I don't know what. Hrmm. Black Mallory perhaps? Maybe next time; this bowl is Dunhill My Mixture 965 in the lattice billiard meer.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

SWR aromatic in kaywoodie bent meer lined . Coffee / pancakes

7. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Finishing the end of my bowl from last night; MacB Vanilla Cream in my estate Sav, then thinking about going Frog Morton or FM OTT (or both) in another pipe yet to be determined at this very moment.
    All while watching the snow pound Michigan.

8. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Gotta love that 965... They got a 5 tin special in stock going on as of now..
    Dunhill Special 5 tins

Enjoyed some Esoterica Margate in my Wally Frank LTD Giant.. Windy and snow outside..

9. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

I picked up two tins of it and sent one to jpberg. The cinnamon in the chai may have skewed my perception of the 965; not bad at all, but I'm going to withhold judgment until I can smoke another bowl or two.

What do you think of the Margate? I need to give that one another go. FWIW, up here in the wastelands of Midland, it's blowing pretty fierce and snowing to beat the band. I've small branches down from the maples due to the heavy snow and wind. :(

10. Barako

Barako Member

GLP Maltese Falcon in a Dunhill inner tube, BenRiach Maderensis fumosus on the side.

11. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Anni Kake in the Sas Wee Heavy.
    Z

12. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Well kreinhard the more I smoke the Margate the more I have fallen in love with the smoke. I would have to agree with others who have referred to it as the benchmark of English blends. It now is my go to tobacco and I try to smoke two bowls full a day.. From my scale of 1-10 I give it a solid 9. That is my view anyway.. A friend told me to try it out with a gifted tin and when the tin was gone I knew I was going to order 8oz the next time.. Next month I will look into buying a pound bulk if I can get it..
    Just got back from smoking a large bowl of FVF and SG's Chocolate Flake mixed in my Bent Big Bruyer.. High winds outside and cold as heck but worth all of it.. Feel like a glass of good whiskey neat... :cheers:

13. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

Dark Star, in the Stanwell.

14. Mington

After a couple afternoon bowls of PA & CH in an estate Kaywoodie, I think it's time fr a lil Frog Morton OTT in my MM Liberty cob.
    (Snow day = smoking day)

15. Mington

A world's record 5th bowl for me.
    Frog Morton in the cob.
    I know:
    rookie! heh

16. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Frog Morton in a Bjarne with a Saranac Black Forest.

17. Mington

Ain't Frog Morton the bomb?
    (and to think...it was accidentally sent to me by pipesandcigars.com)

18. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Yeah it was the first blend I tried that showed me how good pipe smoking could be.

Some more Frog in a Pete with a Saranac Brown Ale. Cooking up some chouri├žo, peppers, and onions.

19. erickghint

erickghint Member

OGS in a Randy Wiley freehand, sweet tea complementing it nicely.

20. CustomDave

CustomDave Member

Well, I guess it is a Frog Morton kinda night. I am (was until a few minutes ago) smoking Frog Morton on the Bayou.

I just got this stuff on Friday and can't put it down. That being said I haven't tried many types of tobacco yet. Up until this I thought I would never need anything more than OGS, before that I thought I could spend the rest of my days smoking an Irish Whiskey blend from a local B&M. Now that local mix tastes like soap or something, as does the other aromatics that I have tried. Although I do still like the Captain Black White.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.