Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Haddo's Delight in a Cherrywood. :coffee:

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I love it when the wife is at work...

Squadron Leader in a Kaywoodie, more coffee.

3. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Just back from wood chopping chores and had a large bowl of MacB's Dark Twist in a Bent Big Bruyers England..

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Vent the house better this time,
    Kyle! :flowers:

DGT'd the before work bowl ..after
    work. I only live 15 minutes away,
    so I DGT a lot when commuting.

:good_night:

dp

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

SG SJF in a Pete Belgique (cute little bowl) , hot tea

Followed by more SJF in a Bekler meer, more. Hot tea

Yep, i'ma flake roastin'! :)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

6. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

McC's Frog Morton in a Bent Big Bruyers English..

7. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Wow....someone was up early today! :pc:

Just got home from some errands and picking up my weiner
    dog. Got some coffee and a bowl of Boswell's Best going in my MM cob.

8. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Alatadis Blue Note in a MM Patriot bent, sweet ice tea on the side and Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home blasting!!!!!!!! :monkeydance:

9. raistlinsk

raistlinsk Member

Spent the whole morning at the park with my kids. Flying kites, swings, sandbox...the whole 9. Smoked some Rlp-6 and PA in a Grabow Duke while I was out there. Went to the store afterwards and just finished a bowl of OGS in a bent Savineli dublin. About to eat a light lunch then maybe some Escudo or University Flake...haven't touched either in quite some time!

10. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

OGS in a Bulldog Meer.. Overcast and cold here.. Oh spring rains and green things.. I do dream these days..

11. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Cleaning my pipes and smoking a bowl of Boswell's Premium Barley...I mean Burley in my MM cob

12. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

Special Latakia Flake (thanks again, Jon!) in the lattice billiard meer, on a full belly of Slumbogi[1] and a hot toddy[2] on the side. The Jameson's has a fruity, orange overtone that makes me think of it as more of a liqueur than liquor, but it matches remarkably (dare I say "incredibly?") well with this tobacco.

The SLF has a hand written date on the tin of 6/09 (at least that's what I assume it means). Wow! This stuff is 18 months old and smokes like a dream. I've taken it out of the tin for cellaring, which seems to be improving it incrementally. I don't think it will last long enough to reach it's peak...although I'd say it'd be tough to get much better than it is already. My new favorite! Not to worry, though, Penzance is still near the top. ;) And Old Dog and Night Watch and Top Hat and ...

[1] A family tradition. Basically 1# of ground beef, browned and drained, then sauteed with onion (one medium, chopped coarse) and celery (three stalks or so, chopped coarse). While the onion and celery are cooking, throw in chili powder, cayenne powder, garlic (fresh is best, but powder works), salt and pepper to taste (ProTip: the heat from the chili and cayenne take time to develop their full potential, so go easy at first). Once the veggies are nearly done, throw in a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup and about 1/2 can of water. Stir to mix thoroughly and add one can of (mostly) drained whole green beans. Let simmer for a while. Serve over fresh mashed potatoes. Mmmmmm.

[2] One jigger (scant 1/4 cup) of whiskey, one teaspoon of honey, a dash of lemon juice, fill mug with slightly cooled boiling water. Stir to dissolve the honey. Enjoy. If I'm fighting a cold or the flu, I'll crush up an aspirin or two and add it in, but I've been told that is a major health risk (as in "you could die!") so I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. Sure gives the toddy a kick, though, and sleep comes easy after that. ;)

13. len smetona

len smetona Member

Watched Quantum of Solice while smoking Larsen 1864 in a Butz Choquin Fleuron. The toby from Basel, the pipe - an estate from eBay. What a nice combo.

I LIKE it !

I don't care if it smells like I'm smoking a waffle.

14. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Had a bowl of SG's Black XX Twist in a Eagle Claw Meer.. Talk about N Factor..Whew.. But tasty..

15. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Firing up some H&H Anni-Kake in "Hemingway" (by RM Davison, 51flgoose), hot tea
    Such a fine pipe! Thanks again Bob!

Prior smoke was Anni-Kake in a Pete "Killarney" (264) red.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

16. Jayhp

Jayhp Member

Mountain Cherry in a Hampton court oom paul,with tumbler and Capt. Morgans over ice.

17. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Esoterica Margate in a Big Bent Bruyers England .. Good English..

18. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Ashton's Gold Blend in the Hackert Freehand. My wife woke me up at five to clean her car of snow...I guess I now should be smoking Latakia, or at least something that smells worse than this light VA to retaliate...(Nothing says passive aggressive like blowin' smoke on her fancy curtains.)

19. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Good morning here.. Having a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in my Wally Frank LTD Giant..

20. freestoke

freestoke Member

Why would that hurt you at all? Aspirin is pretty tame stuff in combination with practically anything, at least for people who aren't allergic to it or on some drug with bad interactions with it. Puzzling.

As I contemplate this, I'm nearing the end of a Peterson's Flame Grain full bent and my first cup of coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.