Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Smoking Penzance in a Celtic 69. Thankfully, there are still some hotels in Seattle that allow smoking in their guest rooms!

Earlier, tried Penzance partially broken up in an Aran 69, but the draw was too light and there was some lip bite. So for my second bowl, I tried it fully rubbed out in the Celtic 69, and the draw is much better! Very full-flavored indeed! Other English blends I've tried have reminded me of a thick steak bbq'ed on an open grill. This is more like an elephant steak bbq'ed over a bush fire! It's simply that intense.

Appearance certainly lives up to its billing of being a mottled flake. My flakes even had some bloom on them, though how flakes would develop bloom is beyond me! Tin aroma is definitely intriguing, holding forth the promise of a complex, manly smoke. The flavor immediately asserts itself, right from the charring light! This is one of those blends that I can light using a zippo, and it won't matter as you can hardly taste anything else other than the toby! This is definitely the richest English blend I have yet tried to date! :bing:

2. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

SG Navy Flake in a Preben Holm Freehand. Taking my first long break in three days while trying to get a business venture up and running. Perhaps I should say business ADventure...

3. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Decided to get out of the house last night.. Went to a local pub and there were many old faces I knew and a good band.. The brew was flowing and lots of good talk.. Got home the safe way and now waking up with some hot coffee and going to have a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a Wally Frank LTD Giant while doing outside chores.. A bit slow in the head this morning..B)

4. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Celtic Blend in the Pete w/ side of coffee
    Z

5. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Heading outside soon with a bowl of Escudo in a Fellini....

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

CH and coffee...may be the perfect pairing with housework and hangover. (That's consonance, right?)

7. yinyang

Guess a small bowl of CH wasn't enough...so I just dug out some Bosun Cut Plug, scented. Man, it smells like my Great Aunt Mame's parlor around here now.

8. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Had my first go at Hermits Stimulus Package today. You know, between Hermit and P&W, I don't really care if I ever get another tin from Jersey.

9. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

Merde de Cheval in the lattice billiard meer. Mmmm.

10. scavenger

scavenger Member

Three blind moose and lux twist flake parfait in a mm diplomat. working on art homework in the sun

11. yinyang

I'm doing art homework too...Doctor says my finger painting is coming along nicely...next week, I may even try to get some of it on the paper! (unlike this stubborn housebreaking problem I have....)

IF in the Falcon, sweet tea chaser.

12. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Just returned from spending the weekend with my girlfriend and I can report that Mr Sorringowl's leather pipe stand is perfect for travelling! I smoked CH in a blue-spade Grabow Lark while I was there. My first pipe back home is some PA in a Kaywoodie Signet.

13. Gondar

Gondar Member

C&D Blockade runner in a cob. Bedarö Bitter on the side, and my 6-yearold in a sleeping bag because he wanted to sleep outside, which he did for a few hours before I carried the package inside, when I was cold enough. :)
    I know of no better toby/beverage combo than this. The bitter drink really brings forth the sweetness in Blockade runner.

14. Jay

Jay Active Member

Escudo in a Sas 'Bash and pretending to watch the Oscar's with the wife and a scotch rocks

15. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Thought I posted earlier, but do not see it.
    (I am sure Kyle erased it) lol

I smoked this afternoon Half and Half for the 1st time in my MM cob.
    What do people see in that stuff?
    Sorry.
    It gave me a headache and was semi nasty.
    CH and PA are much better for OTC's.

Anyways...
    Firing up some Stanwell Melange in my estate Sav.
    This stuff is pretty good.
    Nice tin smell and room note.
    Tin smell is like butterscotch and room note is like apricots.
    (Wife likes both tin and room note too)
    I recommend this stuff for people looking for a nice aro.

16. yinyang

I've already given up on trying to erase anything, Don...all I got for my troubles was pink rubber smears on my screen.

About to head out with a bowl of Dark Star...the most aggravating toby I've the pleasure to burn. 'Frustration in a tin' should be its nickname.

17. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

You just made the acronym FIAT.
    THAT'S why you're the genius.

Loading up some Melange 10
    in the Aswith. Still below freezing
    outside, so I get to burn more
    petrol, as my truck drinks it like
    water :beerhat:

dp

18. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

wasn't paying attention earlier and unintentionally mixed SG black xx about 50/50 with peterson's irish flake.
    great burn, mild sweetness, massive nic hit. i may intentionally mix some more of this stuff up. nothing but grey ash in the bottom of my parker briar bark straight pot.

19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

P&W 622 in a Squatch.

20. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

New day starting with a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a Peoria Canadian Sitter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.