Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Spent the early afternoon cleaning all my pipes. Cake trimming, alcohol cleaning, Walker stem cleaning, wax and polish...the works. Smoking a cob I didn't primp, firing up some Five Bros... Gatorade on the side.

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Starting off this weekend with some
    University Flake in the Falcon. This
    crappy weather has pushed me back
    into smoking in the truck with the
    heater on. :thumbsd:

dp

3. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

Amazing warm up here.. 67.F this morning.. Had a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a no name prince.. Heading out for more chores with a bowl of Lancer's Slices in a Sav Auto #5.. Windows open here.. :thumbsu:

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Just cresting 60 deg f as the fog burns off here in Columbus. I am finishing a bowl of EMP in my next Hacket cob.

5. yinyang

H'n'H in a basket Czechwarden. Coffee on this warmish morning.

6. r0n54

r0n54 Member

Maltese Falcon in a Peterson bulldog, coffee on side

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

FVF in a Brebbia Night

8. raf66

raf66 Member

Irish Flake in a beautiful apple hand made by the owner of a local tobacconist here in Columbus, Ohio. Great way to christen a beautiful late morning here in the Midwest, where it's supposed to get up to the 80's today.

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Which tobacconist? I'm thinking of possibly heading down to Smoker's Haven this afternoon to pick up an ounce of some GH or SG I haven't tried before...thinking perhaps 1792 if they still have it in stock (they did on my last visit not long ago, where I picked up an ounce of FVF which I'm still working through...want to try more flakes!)

10. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

80.0 F High for the year.. Sunshine and heading outside again with a bowl of SG's ST. James Flake in a Eagle Claw Meer.. Love the heat...

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

PS Sweet Vanilla in a Jeantet Meer Lined Bent ... a nice noon time smoke

12. yinyang

IF in the Falcon. Cleaning up the grill for the hot wings I have marinating. Mmmm...beer. I mean wings, whatever.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I know it isn't too unusual to start a bowl in the evening and finish it the next day, but (shame on me) I left the last 5 minutes or so of tobacco in the bottom of my cob...for a day or two. I probably should have just dumped it out, but I just fired it up right now, to clear some room for a fresh bowl. After I run a cleaner through it first, of course! I think it was PA but I'm not fully positive as the cob is the one pipe I'll use for whatever I want to smoke at the moment, so there's usually also at least a hint of aro ghost in there, even if the last two or three bowls were PA or KD or something.

About to fill it up with some PA...I'm in the mood for CBW but I'm drinking a nice beer (Goose Island's Demolition - a strong Belgian Golden, in a Duvel tulip) and I'd almost be afraid an aro would unfairly alter the taste of the beer. Ah, what the hell, I'm sippin slowly and I'll enjoy it anyway. CBW up next :cheers:

14. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

84.F Heading outside with a bowl of SG's Black Twist XX in a Eagle Claw Meer..

15. yinyang

Erinmore Flake in the Falcon. Some Dog Bite Lager on the side.

16. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

OGS in a Bulldog Meer.. Hard to come inside with weather like this...

17. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

A little treat from my cellar, since I can smoke outside today. Hermit Antique Pressed Cigar Leaf MM in a Sav Dry System.

18. TX beekeeper

TX beekeeper Member

Golden cavendish in a trusty corn cob, whiskey on the side watching the storm brew.

19. David L

David L Member

Good evening.....Dunhill Nightcap in a Sav on a nice warm night here in Kentucky.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Last smoke of the day, and four bowls deep...is that too much? Of course nobody here will say so!

Smoking my cob for the third time today. The last two smokes were Captain Black White - and now I'm smoking Kendal Dark, and taste no hint of the aromatic qualities of CBW. Yet I get the full, rich taste of Kendal Dark and even the slight, soapy Lakeland hints. I really need to get my hands on the flake, as I love the shag so much but would like it to be a little more slow and cool burning. Apparently they're the same tobacco, but one is a flake and one is shag cut. But what can I say, I still love the shag, hot or not :cheers:

Perfect nightcap, imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.