Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

At least someone was paying attention.
    Just wanted to see if anyone picked up
    on that post. Nice work, jp

MacB GE in a NEW Falcon

dp

2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Cool and very wet in the Ozark Hills. Some heavy storms blew through yesterday...more on tap for today...<sigh>

Starting the day with Coniston Cut Plug in the Calla Lily and a large Cappuccino:
    [​IMG] .......... Life is good!

3. r0n54

r0n54 Member

Westminster in a bbb billiard

4. velveteagle

velveteagle Member

OGS in a Sav Auto 5..

5. telltime

telltime Active Member

A little earlier today had some Hamborger Veermaster in a Bears Den custom.

6. Jay

Jay Active Member

1 Q in a no name rusticated full bent, My wife hate the Club Blend in the house, so the only way to fix that is with something aromatic, good taste though.

7. bigpoppamike100

bigpoppamike100 Member

smokers pride black cab mix 50/50 with smokers pride vinnella I like this for a after dinner smoke.

8. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

1792 in a MM Legend. This stuff must be kicking in already...this place looks different.

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

On the end of a bowl of Captain Black White in an Italian basket pipe. Dirt cheap but the pipe smokes well. As for the CBW, well, what can I say I like it from time to time :)

On the side, Crown Royal Black and some Ohio craft brews. My last night of drinking ever. I know this isn't the right place for such a post, but I'm an alcoholic. Tomorrow I plan to open up while my whole family is there. I need to be honest and forthcoming. I'm ready to get better. I know that "one last time..." is not a step in the right direction, but hell. I think once it's out in the open and I have some support and understanding, as well as meaningful, concrete concern rather than mere suspicion, I'll quite simply be forced to deal with it. I'm scared. At least I have my pipes for solace in the years ahead.

10. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

You're going to be OK, Colin. Your self-awareness and courage tell me that you are already miles ahead of many people in the same position. We'll all be pulling for you, my friend.

Herb

Escudo in a Bjarne.

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

MB GE / Hilson Chimney ... Gonna take a while to get used to the new site ... it looks cleaner .. good job

12. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

Captain Earl's Ten Russians in a Winslow Crown Viking Bulldog. Hot tea on the side.
    Yeah, I don't drink anymore either. Took me six years and a divorce to get more than a few days between me and the booze.

=bulldog jeff

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I wanted another smoke. So now it's FVF in my beloved Bjarne.

I'm overweight and I expect I'll actually lose a lot of weight by not drinking, and by not eating because I'm already drunk and want to be able to drink more...and the money I wont be spending on booze! I think I'm gonna get a new pipe next week lol

I'm alternately optimistic and filled with immeasurable dread. But this needs to happen. I'm only 25, almost 26. Since turning 21 I've put on about 60 pounds, never been financially independent, dropped out of school more than once, gone years at a time without so much as a date, really let myself get in abysmal shape, hurt people I truly love, run up debt because I was more concerned with getting drunk than paying what I owe, etc. Since turning 21, I have gone a maximum of 5 days without getting drunk (not necessarily without drinking.) I think this has happened twice. I know how bad it's become, and I'm ready to deal with it, I think. I prefer to drink alone, and am capable of finishing a fifth in a day and not be so drunk that anyone comments on it. I assume they notice and don't say anything, but I've always tried to convince myself that it was my little secret. For the past few years I've tried to believe I can just cut back and drink responsibly once or twice a week like a "normal" person. I don't think I can.

At the same time it feels as difficult as thinking about giving up eating, sleeping, or going to the washroom.

14. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Got my woodie 13b goin w/ PS Sweet vanilla @1:30 in the am ... cant believe I'm still up . Tomorrow's a big day for my family and I should be asleep .May I wish you and yours a Happy Easter:)

15. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

MacB Club Blend (Thanks Ming!) in my Falcon. Need another bowl
    of this to work the kinks out. Need to try it in a full briar.

dp

16. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Finishing off a tin of Golden Sliced... and now I need more. :(

17. shaharh

shaharh New Member

Squadrom Leader in Brebbia

18. hammer8

hammer8 Member

Escudo in a Rad Davis bent brandy.

19. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

G&H Dark Flake, u/s, in a Kaywoodie Yacht. This off putting Hawaiian coffee my brother pawned on me to pair.

20. Beale

Beale Active Member

Peterson Gold Blend in my MMCG. This morning as the sun was rising, Beale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.