Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

+1

Puffin on a HUGE Ardor filled with Lancer's Slices... Laphroig on the side!

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Started the day with SG X Blend in a cob, then I went to buy a new tamper and smoked a bowl of McClelland 2045 at the shop, finishing it on my way home. Now I just had a huge, rich dinner - ribeye steak (a hefty sized one at that) on the grill with salt and fresh ground pepper, brushed with melted butter after cooking, fried corn like my grandma taught me to make, and peas.....I've got a dilemma trying to decide what I want to smoke now. It's a pretty "all American" dinner, so something like PA or CH would be fitting, but I want something richer, as well as a bit stronger. But nothing floral, so Kendal's Dark and Best Brown #2 are out of the question. I'm thinking either some FVF or Kingfisher, but I really can't decide....maybe I'll flip a coin!

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Ok, loading up the FVF :puffy:

4. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Finishing up some OGS in a tiny Pot. :ccup:

Airing out a big wad of StoneHaven for later.

5. Jay

Jay Active Member

club blend in a BST. I swear he makes these pipes to only smoke CB. Or maybe CB only smokes in a BST?!?!?

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Middletons Cherry Blend all day ! I figure it's about as American as you can get

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

I'm with you Ruff, Cherry Blend all day!

8. Zfog

Zfog Member

Nice bowl of Black Irish X in a Nording.

9. Zfog

Zfog Member

Sorry to hijack a bit, but how do you like this?

10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

The pipe is great! And I am not just saying that because it came from a Mod that could ban me!

The tobacco is also good. It needs to dry a bit, however it still smoked down to the bottom with minimal relights. The flavor was typical of virgians, but the perique and cavendish added to the tobaccos depth. I look forward to another bowl tomorrow. Might try it in a meer.

Sorry for the basic review, I generally just note if I like things but have difficulty pointing out why.

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

The FVF was quite satisfying, though I should have given it some drying time (smoked it without any drying time and it smoked a little wet - the pipe smokes a touch wet as a rule anyway though....all things considered, though, I only needed two cleaners during the smoke)

It was my last of it, though, except for some crumbs. I'll need to get some more pure VA of some variety next paycheck though.

12. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Guess I'm strap hanging this late in the evening, but Cherry Blend in the Falcon.

13. troyn60

troyn60 Member

PS luxury twist flake in a bent Legend... at the beach in Isle of Palms, SC.

14. Jay

Jay Active Member

luxury bull's eye in a creative customs volcano with a scotch on the rocks. Holy crap, good stuff. end of the day smoking and drinking steaks ready to go on the grill, day off of work,wife is horny how couldlife be better? I'm a little juiced after a few beeers and a few drinks. life is good at these moments, the rest can suck a turd through a straw.

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Its been quite a while since I've smoked an aromatic, so I'm having a bowl of Captain Black in a basket pipe

16. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Shame on you.. bragging like that! :)

Another bowl of Cherry Blend in the Falcon.

17. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Ten Russians in a MM Gent. Part of an experiment I'm conducting for a thread to be posted soon.

18. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Sticking with the F&T Wingate Mixture. Yesterday in a Prince of Wales rusticated sitter. Today in my Ben Wade brandy. Jury's still out on this Wingate stuff. Tried it with J. Walker rocks yesterday, Stoli rocks today...

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kingfisher in a MM Legend

20. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Lanes BCA in my Aldo Velani sandblasted quarter bent rhodesian, sweet ice tea on the side, and Type o Negative - Blody Kisses blasting!!!!!!:hbang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.