1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waino

Waino Active Member

Rattrays 7 Reserve in a Portland. Got no fish today. But tobacco is exellent and weather fine.

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'm smoking my first bowl ever (okay, half bowl, only one flake) of PS Luxury Navy Flake. I tried Elizabethan Mixture a handful of years ago when it was still made, but didn't like it and don't remember it. So I'm considering this my first VaPer blend. So far I like it!

3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

A first for me as well tonight: Presbyterian Mixture, in the MM General. A bit milder than expected, but I want to get a few more smokes in before I judge it. Tin note kinda reminded me of McClelland. By the way, Happy Belated Birthday, Nesta.

Kiowa, I remember you saying you wanted a smoking report on the General. Well, it's fast becoming one of my favorite pipes, cob or otherwise; a great smoker, a HUGE bowl, and it fits the hand like a glove (well, more like a billy club, actually, but that's good too). And yes, Yin, I'm glad I got bent.

Herb

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Thanks man! I'm about halfway through the flake - I rolled it into a cylinder and slid it into the bowl, and it's smoking fine now but it was harder to get lit than other methods I've used with flakes. I think folding or cannonballing it would work better. This is a great blend, and it's only getting better towards the bottom!

I really want to try Presby. You know, I was raised at First Pres there in the Ft. I don't really attend church anymore, but that was a really beautiful sanctuary if memory serves.

5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

A mixture of the Frog and my 'breakfast blend' (50/50 Carter Hall, Super Value Whiskey Cavendish) in my new meer. When I get some pics I'll have to post a thread on this pipe- you guys are gonna get a kick out of this one... :)

Herb, glad to hear the general is performing so well! I only have two cobs, both Washingtons. The next one will probably be a general or a freehand. Do you ever find yourself thinking the general is a little too big?

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhh, I enjoyed the Cube Cut, and I enjoyed the Luxury Navy Flake....but now I get to the best smoke of the day so far....

McClelland 2045 Oriental Mixture in my Ben Wade. Only pipe I have dedicated to a specific blend. It's been a few days since I've gotten to smoke this. It feels like a few weeks! I don't know what it is about this stuff, but I love it!

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Orlik Golden Mixture in my Askwith nosewarmer
    to which the guy at the Arby's drive thru window
    proclaimed "I admire your pipe".

8. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

Mac Baren Mixture in a Dr. Grabow with a cup of hot tea. Very nice.

9. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

McClelland Oriental #14 in a Squatch.

10. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Morning,

Rum Flake in a Cob. :ccup:

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

DGT'd OGM from earlier. Now sipping on
    some Bowmore 12 that was HALF PRICE!
    :dkn::thu2:

12. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Penzance in the new meer. Early indicators are that it's going to be a good smoker.
    Cursing my trick knee... I'm too young to be going up and down stairs sideways.

13. redskull13

redskull13 Member

Sillem's Black in my trusty Peterson 307

14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

First taste of McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake. Wow! I had to dry it significantly, and I fully rubbed it out, but this is some interesting stuff. So mild and smooth! A nice early afternoon smoke after a lunch and a cup of Turkish coffee.

15. OldSchool

OldSchool Member

FInally got around to putting some Smoker's Pride Whiskey into one of my lucite Forever stemmed MM Diplomats. By the lidless eye of Sauron, why didn't I try this before? I'm in codger heaven!

Kiowapipe likes this.
  16. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

More Rum Flake in a little Billiard basket pipe.

:th1:

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Cornell and Diehll Star of the East in a MM Legend. This stuff is good! I don't know what people are talking about with "unbalanced" in their reviews on TR. I think this stuff is great. Yeah, its 50% latakia, but despite that its not particularly heavy. I think it's very well blended. Not an all-day every-day go to blend, but I could see this becoming a favorite nightcap. It's about as good an English as I've tasted, though I like Krumble Kake better.

18. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

No more than I find myself thinking that Squadron Leader is a little too good. ;)

I did have to put it down mid-bowl for a bit last night to answer a phone call and go to the store, but it DGT'd just fine, picking up right where I left off. It's a good thinkin' pipe, though.

19. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Oh yeah, Hermit Antique Pressed Cigar Leaf MM in an all too often ignored Sav Oscar.

20. troyn60

troyn60 Member

PS Luxury Twist Flake in a bent Legend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.