1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

My final bowl of Safe Harbour Flake in
    a Sav 316KS. Sent all the rest to Redone
    in a trade. Still getting the ever-present
    ash taste. Just proves that C&D blends
    and I don't get on well.

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Ten Russians in a blasted Squatch.

3. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

Just filled a nice Georg Jensen Gigant with a newly arrived supply of Nightcap, I'd forgotten just how smooth tasting this classic is, a large strong black freshly pressed Columbian coffee to accompany.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

1.5 hours of a Zen-like smoke of
    1 year old US in a Ser Jac. One
    year has definitely mellowed and
    sweetened this toby. Hints of
    chocolate and coffee aroma and
    on the palate. Delicious!

5. OldSchool

OldSchool Member

A bowl of OldSchool's Custom Codger Catastrophe* in a Savinelli Natural prince.

* Smoker's Pride Black and Cherry Cavendishes seasoned with a pinch of PA.

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

So it didn't taste like a caramel dipped sour apple candy??? Intriguing...

Old Dublin in a Dwaugh (beater;)) clay.

7. telltime

telltime Active Member

Kids are in day camp this week, so the wife leaves early with them every day. This means I get a slightly later start in the morning because the shower is occupied. But this slightly later start gives me a chance to enjoy a (small) bowl in the morning that I normally don't do... but this may start a new regimen.

This morning was a little OGS in a small pipe (about a 20 minute smoke) that my daughter gave me for my birthday. Strong black coffee on the side.

8. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

MacB's 7 Seas in a cob. I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with this aromatic. Not something I'll reach for often, but it's a performer. Despite how drenched the leaf seems it smokes dry and leaves no goop. Nice flavor, and I can't make it bite.

Waino likes this.
  9. Waino

Waino Active Member

MacB´s 7 Seas like you Kiowa!. Now I have Royal Blend. It is a bit sweeter than Gold Blend (Gold Blend contains just virginia and burley). Never tasted Regular.

10. troyn60

troyn60 Member

Club Blend in a basket. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to load it. Still tastes great, though.

11. Iain

Iain Active Member

Scottish Cake in a Manx Meer with turkish coffee. :)

12. Beale

Beale Active Member

PSEO in my Legend

13. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

C&D Bayou Morning Flake in my Va/Per prince. I think there's probably more Perique in here than anything else I've ever smoked. It works, though. I'd love to try some of this with about two years on it.
    This would make some killer snuff...

14. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

UF in Peterson 302. Headed to the lake with friends

15. yinyang

Aurora in the Manxland meer. Between this little guy and the clay I've decided to abuse, I haven't really bothered with my other pipes.

16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Earlier I had a bowl of Bosun Cut Plug out of a sample gifted to me by a fellow PSF member. Wow! I love the Best Brown Flake #2, but this, while very very similarly flavored, has better strength and better burn quality. Will definitely be looking in to getting more of it! I'm sad I only have a .5-1 bowl's worth left :'(

17. Iain

Iain Active Member

More Scottish Cake in the Manx Meer again

18. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Hermit Vintage Thumbs Up Blend in my trusty Bari Squash. I dug deep in the cellar to turn this one up; it was purchased from J and Louise at my local pipe show about 3 years ago. I smoked a few bowls at the time (though I have no recollection of my impressions) and set aside the rest. A smoky sweet (and maybe a little soapy?) Latakia blend. Jury's still out on this one. Let's see if the soapiness dies down. Hope it doesn't ghost the pipe.

EDIT: OK, not digging that one tonight. Got me in the mood for a *good* sweet Latakia, though, but it's already a little late, so...
    Capt. Earle's English Atmosphere in a MM Legend. This is one that Hermit got right.

19. yinyang

BCP...scented? Good stuff.. like huffing Great Aunt Ida's bath salts or something. I have about two bowls left myself...suprised I haven't burned it yet.

Currently smoking a Hackert MM General slap full of OGS. Slowly enjoying a Keystone Ice on the side.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

McClelland #2045 in my sandblasted Ben Wade billiard, Abdullah Ibrahim's "Blues for a Hip King" in the speakers

And yes, yinyang, scented. I didn't realize there was an unscented version. Is it as good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.