Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Ah, it will be again...and now it will likely sport a spiffy nickel/silver band! (And, hopefully be less prone to breaking again). Let's not test that out, though...

2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

A nickel/silver band is a nice idea. I've been wanting a pipe with a band but didn't think I'd have to break one to get one....:doh:

:)

yinyang and Kiowapipe like this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Former Birdseye Flake (a very mild vaper) in my Brebbia Night billiard - I usually use it for Lakeland type stuff, but it sees less use than any of my other pipes so the ghost is rather mild and interesting

4. troyn60

troyn60 Member

Dunhill flake in my new MM egg... so far, so good.

5. yinyang

LOL...

Remember, GS....'Cavicchi' is not Italian for 'boomerang'...you can't give it a toss, and expect it to come back (in one piece, anyway.)!!! One broken is too many...:)

Sorry, bud...I busted a meer last year...I know the horror...and mine was a cheapie!

Anyways...Five Bros. in a cracked (officially) cob. Still smokes fine. A Steel Reserve 211 forty on the side.

6. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

My liver just punched it's surrounding friends when I read that.

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

FS Mild Navy Cut in a Tsuge.

8. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Good morning! -Condor Long Cut, in a Barling straight billiard, filled by the OT method (f*#k Frank!) and lit with wooden Swan Vestas - as I don't have a three-flame oxy-acetylene gizmo, tamping - courtesy of roof nail and pinky.:th1:

jpberg likes this.
  9. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

P&W 400 in a Squatch dublin.

10. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Just got done smoking-
    Captain Black White in a MM Legend.

Up next-
    Mac Baren Navy Flake in a MM Diplomat

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying a big bowl of McClelland 2035 Dark Navy Flake with a pot of Lapsang Souchong on the side.

I've smoked this stuff a few times, and I like it, but it never jumps out and says "HEY! SMOKE ME!!!" And due to the very thick cut of the flake, as well as it's density, preparation can sometimes be a chore, so I packed the bowl last night before bed in the MM Great Dane. Just started not long ago, and it looks like it's going to be a long, slow, smooth and sweet smoke.

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It's a cob kinda day. Way too humid, and my cobs see only occasional action anyway - usually for smoke breaks at work, or when trying a new blend or something I don't want to season a briar with. But I figure I'd give my several favoured briars a rest today and just smoke cobs. Had that 2035 earlier, a wonderful smoke. Surprisingly good, actually, best smoke I've had from that stuff thus far. I gotta mow the front yard though, so I just loaded up my cracked-yet-perfectly-smoking MM Legend with some Peter Stokkebye Cube Cut. Easy smoking, smooth tasting, all natural no-frills honest American (style) tobacco....The best part is even in a small pipe like the legend, this is gonna last me longer than it takes to mow the lawn....maybe I should make a pitcher of lemonade first, so I can finish it off on the back porch and relax with a cold beverage.

13. Iain

Iain Active Member

The last of my UF in a Manx Meer with :ccup:, now which tin to open next, hmmm

14. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Work's been just nuts and this is my first pipe in weeks. I'm enjoying some "kitchen sink" black cherry cobbler blend in a KBB Yello Bole, a spot of Hawaiian Punch on the side. Perfect after having a Hosetess Cherry pie for dessert!

With many thanks to Don Ruffino!

Bri2k

15. Cogitans Fumus

Cogitans Fumus Member

Trying out some aromatics for a change... Stokkebye's Black Truffle in a MM Missouri Legend this morning... not too bad, after lunch smoked a bowl of MacBarens Scottish Mixture in my Johs freehand.

16. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

After 5 days of torturing myself by reading the boards while sick, I finally lite up a Hackert cob with PS LNF. Great stuff!

17. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

....first pipe in weeks!!....you poor man - it's time you retired!:eek:
    OT ;)

18. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I haven't tried that. Does it work better than Vicks Vap-O-Rub? ;)

Dan's Midnight Ride in a Bjarne tall, stubby, straight billiard type pipe with a plateau top. Not sure why, but I always feel a little like Popeye when I clench this pipe.

19. yinyang

Smoking a half, or little better, bowl of Five Bros. in a Tinderbox Verona Naturale. Never broken in properly, I figure now is the time.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well, I was tempted to reach for a briar....but I thought, hey, 4 bowls in cobs already today, why not go for number five? The idea was to give all my briars some rest anyhow. I'll very likely try to stick to only cobs tomorrow, too...

Anyway, I'm on my last bowl of the day. University Flake cut up into a rough cube cut filling my MM Legend. Not far into it, and already one of the best smokes I've had with UF. This is one that really does need to be smoked slowly to get the right flavor.

I was going to go with strictly natural blends today, but hey, I wanted something with a good nicotine kick to it, and UF does have that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.