1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

2 1/2 hours later, I'm just getting this bowl going. Gawith flakes are sooooo wet straight from the tin! The flake was cut a little thick, too, so it was like trying to rub out chewing gum. Still a bit moist, actually. Sound like I'm complaining? Nope, I like it that way. Navy Flake is like a rich dessert (in a rum-soaked tobacco kinda way), and it's better enjoyed on the damp side, IMHO. Doesn't make it easy to keep lit, though.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Drinking a glass of Tempernillo and smokin a Medico Crest Pot that I restored the other day ... SWR in the bowl . I normaly dont drink and smoke a pipe but after the day I had I figure .. why not . The SWR is good with the wine because it's not complicated or flavored . This is the pot I got the other day that was laqured and smoked hot .... the draw on the pipe is beautifull so I got rid of the laquer and and refinished and waxed it ... smokes cool and very nice . The logo on the stem is a sheild ... way cool

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Smoking a partial break in bowl of Five Bros. in the TB Verona Naturale. Drinking a tallboy of Keystone Ice on the side...with my pinkie extended. Damned if I don't exude class! :)

4. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

McClelland #2000 in a Berkeley Club bent Rhodesian, ice water along side.

5. telltime

telltime Active Member

Glad you like it!!

6. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Condor (first ever) in a big cob.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

IF in the Pete System...another Keystone Ice on the side. Totally digging this relatively mild weather tonight.

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I had a hard time waiting, and I had a long and crummy day. So I opened the Squadron Leader, dried a bowl's worth, and now I'm smoking it. Quite nice indeed!

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Wow, the mild-medium flavor profile really prevented me from expecting so much nicotine. This isn't exactly stuff to make my head spin, but 3/4 of the way through the bowl and I'm feeling it. Great flavor too, it just gets better as I smoke. Sweet, deep, rich, just the right amount of latakia to add coolness and complexity without being overbearing. I can see why this is so popular!

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

GLP Montgomery in a Caminetto 7-L07.
    Outside watching all the fireworks for
    something called "Pioneer day". Whatever.

11. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

...and another one earns his wings. Welcome to the Squadron!

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Now I'm hoping I get another tin in the mail this week :puffy:

Don't really think it's good enough to cry over it like some people seem to when it's not around, but it is a top notch blend in every regard. I might even like this better than my Yellow & Brown haha

13. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Good morning, 50/50 mix of CH and Night Train in my new MM 'Legend'.....these little pipes smoke pretty good from day one!
    OT

Kiowapipe likes this.
  14. Waino

Waino Active Member

I opened a tin of Samuel Gawith Navy Flake. Rum smells. 95% Virginias and 5% Latakia? It´s amazing how latakia always comes through. But now Virginia governs, says the last word. Good tobacco in a 1988 Stanwell.

15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

GLP Lagonda in a Squatch.

16. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Earlier: the last of the HV in my Caminetto
    sitter (JNCC or INCC - whatever that means)
    Next up, SG Black XX in the beater Falcon.
    Also taking some liquid medicine (Glenmorangie),
    and stressing over moving. :(

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Since I've got so much of it (almost a pound) on hand and very rarely smoke it, I thought I'd give this 965 match another try. It's not bad. In my Ben Wade Canadian.

18. alchemist

alchemist Member

965 in a BBB billiard.

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Eileen's Dream in a basket pipe. Not great stuff, but certainly far from the worst aro out there.

20. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Had an amazing smoke of Captain Black White In a MM Legend. It was my best smoke to date thanks to all your guys' advice. Then I came inside and cleaned an estate Pete 120. The pipe itself isn't in bad shape, but the inside of the stem looked like it had never seen a pipe cleaner! It was FILTHY! But it's in great hands now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.