1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Old Gowrie in a Kaywoodie Prima pot.

2. Out of Town

Out of Town Member

Enjoying St Bruno in a no name Briar......... which i think i shall call Lucy !

3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

FMATP in a cob.

4. len smetona

len smetona Member

Mac B Scottish Blend in a Falcon, Balvenie on the side. Nice

5. Beale

Beale Active Member

Peterson IF in my Diplomat. Very good smoke, Beale.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Just lit a bowl of McClelland's Matured Virginias No.27 in the Ben Wade billiard. Big cup of Turkish coffee on the side

7. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Second try (first successful) Mac Baren Navy Flake....I like this stuff! Which is good, because I have 2 tins worth (1 unopened) of this stuff! Oh yeah, in an Il Ceppo bent pipe of some sorts...(don't know what this shape would be considered)

[​IMG]

8. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Ennerdale in a cob. Cold coffee and Depeche Mode. Weird afternoon :)

9. troyn60

troyn60 Member

GAF in a CG.

HCraven likes this.
  10. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

McClelland Virginia Woods in a MAF bent Rhodesian.

11. Beale

Beale Active Member

Peterson's IF in my Diplomat

C&D MM in my Capot Cadet

12. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

McN NF in my Custombilt. Good smoke. Not sure if it is the pipe, the toby, me or the humidity, but getting a slight gurgle. PC took care of it.

13. len smetona

len smetona Member

Had Plumcake in a Castello pot. I'm liking it more and more.

14. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Frog Morton in a Peterson 312

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Just charred a bowl of Frog Morton in my Ben Wade Canadian. In a moment, will properly light it :puffy:

Update: as usual, not very strong, but wonderful flavor!

16. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Same here. Cheers, Troy!

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I think I might try some GAF tomorrow. Or else 1792. Trouble is I don't know what to smoke the 1792 in! Does it do well in a cob? Because if so...problem solved! Otherwise I don't know if I should smoke it in my La Rocca dedicated to floral/soapy stuff or my Ben Wade billiard I currently mostly use for VAs or what.

18. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Sometimes I smoke it in my Legend, as I prefer a smaller bowl with 1792. It can pack a wallop and prove to be a real grind to get through a big bowl. Otherwise, I'd definitely put it in the Lakeland pipe. That Tonkin flavor has it's own thing going on for sure, and it will probably ghost a pipe dedicated to more subtle blends. I have an old full bent "Irish Seconds" pipe (I think that's Peterson's line) with a small bowl that I use for it, too. Ooh, an excuse to buy a Falcon, maybe? Could have it's own bowl!

19. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

IRC VA Flake in a Hackert MM General. Sweet tea and humidity on the side.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Unless supply gets more regular, I'm not going to dedicate ANY pipe to ANY SG blend no matter how much I like it, unless I somehow acquire a very large inventory in a short time frame. With the way things are going, next year I may have a 1792 pipe :p

I think tomorrow I'll try it in my MM Great Dane, or else the La Rocca. Thing is, floral tobaccos rarely smell that way to me before they're lit, and I have no idea how "Lakeland" tonquin is. I look forward to the strength though, I think after work tomorrow I'll be in the mood for something to make me ever so slightly dizzy...after working 6AM-1:30PM without a lunch break (like today) I am often in the mood for stress relief. I admit to having had a glass of sake (rather a jar, like the single-serving sized jars Ozeki makes) after work today to unwind a little. On an empty stomach, it worked wonders. Tomorrow I think I'll let Queen Nicotine play the key role in my relaxation. If it tastes particularly floral to me, then after the first smoke I'll definitely start smoking it in the La Rocca.

What I really want right now is some Kendal Dark, but unfortunately the B&M is out and the etailers charge about as much as the local place I used to buy it. A little goes a long way, and boy can it pack a wallop! Oh well, maybe I'll get some next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.